Veteranentreffen in the Netherlands last saturday

Bikes or not. Whatever
Post Reply
User avatar
Vincent.vanGinneke
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Posts: 4896
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:14 am
Location: "The Dutch Branch"
Contact:

Veteranentreffen in the Netherlands last saturday

Post by Vincent.vanGinneke »

A few pictures :

Dutch Ariel clubstand with my NG on show, but a lesser make is blocking the view :lol:
Veteranentreffen 2026 (23).jpg
Veteranentreffen 2026 (6).jpg
Veteranentreffen 2026 (9).jpg

1925 350cc Simplex a Dutch make.
https://cybermotorcycle.com/marques/simplex-nl/

Veteranentreffen 2026 (10).jpg
Veteranentreffen 2026 (12).jpg
Veteranentreffen 2026 (15).jpg

I think this is a Lambretta? or is it a French Bernardet scooter ?
Veteranentreffen 2026 (17).jpg
Very nice late VB
Veteranentreffen 2026 (24).jpg
Veteranentreffen 2026 (25).jpg
Veteranentreffen 2026 (26).jpg



Adventon (?) diesel engine in teutonic looking frame chuffing away
note the wire lock, you never know if someone likes it enough to nick it, would you?
Veteranentreffen 2026 (1).mp4
(32.26 MiB) Downloaded 11 times

Veteranentreffen 2026 (3).jpg
Yes, also a 'Veteran' the CX Turbo.
When new in the early eighties is was a bike that drew attention.
Honda NL had made a real campain about the introduction.
I remember that around that time two Bankrobbers in Utrecht thought it would be the perfect get away bike....
but they were caught very soon as everybody could tell the cops where they went!
That new Turbo Honda ?? they went thataway ! :lol:


Veteranentreffen 2026 (8).jpg
Veteranentreffen 2026 (14).jpg
Veteranentreffen 2026 (20).jpg
Veteranentreffen 2026 (22).jpg
nadab_sardar
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2026 1:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Veteranentreffen in the Netherlands last saturday

Post by nadab_sardar »

Nice set of photos, Vincent. That Simplex is a proper rarity, I didn't know they were still around in any form. The Lambretta/Bernardet question is a fun one, though I'd lean towards Bernardet from the look of the bodywork, but I'd want a closer shot of the front and the side panels before committing. The CX Turbo story made me laugh, and you're right that it was a bike that turned heads when it came out. Those early eighties Honda ads were something else. The diesel chuffing away in the teutonic frame sounds like the highlight of the day, and I'm glad to see someone thought to wire-lock it.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests