Search found 654 matches

by pete.collings
Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:29 pm
Forum: Four stroke
Topic: mag removal
Replies: 8
Views: 231

Re: mag removal

PM sent
by pete.collings
Wed May 27, 2026 8:50 pm
Forum: Electrics
Topic: Electronic ignition
Replies: 28
Views: 9730

Re: Electronic ignition

Every club member should have access to Cheval via the AOMCC members website section, I spent many hours scanning and uploading copies going back to 1957!
I also have a file created by the late Ralph Hawkins that lists articles going back some time, but it is a large file would need some time to go ...
by pete.collings
Thu May 21, 2026 11:31 pm
Forum: Main Chat Forum
Topic: Annual rally (?) pictures from long ago
Replies: 13
Views: 2975

Re: Annual rally (?) pictures from long ago

The Brough sidecar outfit, with Austin 7 engine and twin rear wheel was probably owned by Martin Emery, I first saw it when I camped at Peel campsite on the Isle of Man for the TT in the late 70s, when Martin was also there. I spoke with Martin at a later AOMCC annual rally, and he said Verells ...
by pete.collings
Thu May 07, 2026 5:22 pm
Forum: Four stroke
Topic: NH 350 engine rattle
Replies: 7
Views: 1377

Re: NH 350 engine rattle

When setting the exhaust valve clearance, disconnect the valve lifter (by removing the cable from the lifter arm) and rotate the arm to be well clear of any engagement with the rocker arm. I once helped an experienced single owner remove an annoying clatter by doin this!
by pete.collings
Tue Feb 03, 2026 2:36 pm
Forum: For sale/wanted - Parts, and those bits and bobs
Topic: Ariel Spares for Sale - Last Update July 2026
Replies: 30
Views: 99818

Re: Ariel Spares for Sale - Last Update November 2025

HI Keith

PM sent

Edit: It seems Keith does noy have a PM address.
I cannot help with providing a brake lever

Sorry :(
by pete.collings
Tue Nov 04, 2025 11:37 am
Forum: For sale/wanted - Parts, and those bits and bobs
Topic: KH pipes
Replies: 37
Views: 9042

Re: KH pipes

While looking through various photos I had taken at Ariel rallies, I found two of KHs with siamese pipes. They are both pre swingarm, but may be of interest. I think they were taken at the Hucknall annual rally, don't remember the year or owners.
by pete.collings
Sun Sep 21, 2025 11:12 am
Forum: Ariel Talk
Topic: steering stem
Replies: 6
Views: 1479

Re: steering stem

I can supply the nut you need, in a used condition. If you are still looking, contact me (email address in listing at top of spares wanted section) and I can send a photo.
Pete
by pete.collings
Sun Aug 03, 2025 4:52 pm
Forum: For sale/wanted - Parts, and those bits and bobs
Topic: Ariel Spares for Sale - Last Update July 2026
Replies: 30
Views: 99818

Re: Ariel Spares for Sale - Last Update May 2025

I have recently acquired some cycle parts from a 1954/55 Huntmaster outfit that was modified to use a BMW front end to improve braking.
The parts available are a set of forks c/w top and bottom yokes and headlight brackets, a 19" front wheel complete, a pair of original pattern silencers and a fuel ...
by pete.collings
Thu Jun 26, 2025 8:13 pm
Forum: For sale/wanted - Bikes
Topic: Ariel VH for sale
Replies: 4
Views: 9838

Re: Ariel VH for sale

I had brought this bike from Brian Smart's widow, having first seen it at a Caddington rally some 40 years ago! It is a well set up bike with great pulling power, using a special camshaft ground to Brian's specification, and I only sold the bike to Rob follwing major surgery, that meant I had to ...