Search found 25 matches
- Mon Oct 05, 2026 3:57 pm
- Forum: Two stroke
- Topic: Crank rebuild
- Replies: 1
- Views: 85
Crank rebuild
I am collecting parts to build up a "fun" bike; not sure what I will use it for yet but it will be lightened and tuned. Having raced various old 2 strokes (Greeves Griffon and Silverstone, RD200, and Suzuki T20) I know only too well the importance of a properly built crankshaft. I have a crankshaft ...
- Fri May 16, 2025 4:42 pm
- Forum: Four stroke
- Topic: Cush drive
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1101
Re: Cush drive
Hi Simon,
Hopefully I will have managed to download the photos of the current set up.
When the components are just placed on the driveshaft there is approx 0.28" from the collar to the end of the shaft.
Hopefully I will have managed to download the photos of the current set up.
When the components are just placed on the driveshaft there is approx 0.28" from the collar to the end of the shaft.
- Fri May 16, 2025 9:09 am
- Forum: Four stroke
- Topic: Cush drive
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1101
Re: Cush drive
Hi Simon,
thanks for the reply. I can rotate the sprocket by about 10 deg without moving the crank. I started the investigation into a noisy bottom end before I replaced the drive side spacer with the smaller one. The noise is now much worse and even at tick over it is very loud. As the bike has ...
thanks for the reply. I can rotate the sprocket by about 10 deg without moving the crank. I started the investigation into a noisy bottom end before I replaced the drive side spacer with the smaller one. The noise is now much worse and even at tick over it is very loud. As the bike has ...
- Thu May 15, 2025 7:51 pm
- Forum: Four stroke
- Topic: Cush drive
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1101
Cush drive
I am slowly working through the problems with my 1939 VG. I found that the wrong size of spacer was fitted between the bearing and drive sprocket and confirmed that the engine sprocket and clutch sprocket aligned once the correct spacer was fitted. I thought that would cut down the noise which ...
- Thu Oct 24, 2024 6:39 pm
- Forum: Four stroke
- Topic: Stripping a crankshaft
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1936
Re: Stripping a crankshaft
Many thanks to all who have replied. How come that the simplest/most obvious is the hardest to see!
Now waiting for the club singles spares to come on line again.
Steve
Now waiting for the club singles spares to come on line again.
Steve
- Sat Oct 12, 2024 6:28 pm
- Forum: Four stroke
- Topic: Stripping a crankshaft
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1936
Re: Stripping a crankshaft
Thanks all for your suggestions. It will be a while before I rebuild the crank as I am waiting for a new small end bush although I have now straightened the con rod. I was surprised that it took very little force to correct the twist and bend. I made up a pair of mandrels and checked the rod using a ...
- Thu Oct 10, 2024 7:50 pm
- Forum: Four stroke
- Topic: Stripping a crankshaft
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1936
Stripping a crankshaft
I am in the process of dismantling my spare VG crankshaft and was wondering how do other people hold the flywheels? The big end nuts on my crank were not all that tight but had loctite applied. The big end bearing is in good condition but was smothered in thick grease. The small end bush is ...
- Fri Aug 16, 2024 11:56 am
- Forum: Four stroke
- Topic: Exhaust valve lever
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2095
Re: Exhaust valve lever
Thanks all for the replies. I have been trying to put the correct bits back on the bike if I have to replace something. I managed to trap the exhaust valve lifter cable and when looking at the Draganfly site I noticed that the trigger type lever was not standard and the appropriate handlebar ...
- Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:35 pm
- Forum: Four stroke
- Topic: Exhaust valve lever
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2095
Re: Exhaust valve lever
Thanks Pete. I saw this arrangement on a few photos but that lever doesn't seem to be available in this country. I did notice some Indian made ones but have no idea of the quality. Draganfly show the clutch and magneto combined lever plus a separate magneto/air lever.
- Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:15 pm
- Forum: Four stroke
- Topic: Exhaust valve lever
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2095
Exhaust valve lever
I am in the process of trying to fit the correct lever type exhaust valve lifter handlebar lever. I have replaced the clutch lever with a combined clutch and magneto lever but I am now struggling to find a suitable place to fit the lever type lever. I can't fit it against the grip unless I cut a ...
