died and woke up in Ariel heaven!

Anything about Ariels
micktailor

died and woke up in Ariel heaven!

Post by micktailor »

Hi all,
on the weekend i went out hunting for ariels.
i found the mother load of ariel parts and the biggest collection of square fours on the planet!
im not joking, here in Nuriootpa south australia, met a nice old chap namedEric Parker,
he has the worlds biggest collection of square fours . he also has a great stash of parts and is selling some of them, so his email is CHEVARIEL@gmail.com if u want to ask for something....... i couldnt believe my eyes lol, see pics
Attachments
7452D860-1FE6-43ED-AA65-09257D3EE523.jpeg
EE6226B5-EDD0-4085-9214-7DE824F831D7.jpeg
6959F9B0-55D9-4D23-9320-046F333C0C31.jpeg
830523F9-55CA-4C5D-BA24-4E3C2FE319A5.jpeg
38F5300C-5D79-4B01-9C6D-D2C542EAB698.jpeg
Keith.owen
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: died and woke up in Ariel heaven!

Post by Keith.owen »

Hi,
Isn't that just amazing! :o

Are they all road worthy? I guess he must take a different one out each day!!!!

Ha, ha :D

Keith
Keith Owen
Editor Cheval de Fer
1950 Rigid Ariel VH
1951 Rigid Ariel NH (under construction)
1973 Norton 850 Commando Interstate
Mark Nazer

Post by Mark Nazer »

Maybe club spares could make contact?
Enjoy old age, you didn’t die young!
john.whiting

Post by john.whiting »

The Parker collection is well known here,and there are others like it , with other makes.Some years ago ,I went to see a contact in Inverell NSW about a Cat D6C ,and he took me to a farm where there was a large shed full of Sq 4s ,nothing restored ,just collected.I assume its still there ,as a family lived on the farm,at least three generations.....Although the ongoing drought has caused the selling up of large accumulations of all sorts at clearing sales.......so many clearing sales that buyers are scarce at some .
JohnnyBeckett

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

I Would like to wake up in ariel heaven and ride a different bike each day lets hope wen we do die its like that i would be in my glory 8-)
Dave.Thomas
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Post by Dave.Thomas »

More like Ariel prison than heaven ! Hope petrol is still affordable by the time they get their freedom
nevhunter
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Post by nevhunter »

At least they aren't in chook sheds or in pieces in boxes rusting. When you get a bike, the easy part is pulling it to pieces. After it's gone through a few hands you really have a challenge with what's left. Nev
david.anderson

Post by david.anderson »

Eric does have a huge collection of Ariels and is himself still collecting. His family were however attempting to sell some things off. But if you have only seen the collection that he has in his museum then you have missed most of it. There are also numerous bikes within his house, and at the rear of the property are many shipping containers. They are all full of either bikes or parts. One shipping container that I had a look in was full of mostly OHC square four engines, most of which had been restored and were ready for fitting to a bike. Other shipping containers are full of frames etc. At the time that I saw it, it was a work in progress with newly restored bikes constantly being completed.
For someone that has such a large collection and such an apparent love of Ariels, his knowledge of Ariels is very limited. He showed me a HT Ariel that he had recently purchased. When I looked carefully it had a silver painted cylinder and was built in a Honda frame. He had been sold the bike as genuine HT.
David
Eero.Korhonen

Post by Eero.Korhonen »

Wow, that is amazing collection.
Br, Eero
Ariel VH 1954, IZH 350 1962, H-D Sportster Hugger 1992, AOMCC Member 133
micktailor

Post by micktailor »

hi, yes he told me he had some other stuff. and true, his knowledge of other models is limited( i told him and his mechanic mate about my kha project and they had never heard of them!!
but he knows everything about square fours as u would if youd been collecting them since u were 15 lol.
if anyone is in need of square four parts i think hes starting to move some stuff on,id hit him up via the email address above
cheers
mick