Page 4 of 4

Re: KH pipes

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2025 11:37 am
by pete.collings
While looking through various photos I had taken at Ariel rallies, I found two of KHs with siamese pipes. They are both pre swingarm, but may be of interest. I think they were taken at the Hucknall annual rally, don't remember the year or owners.

Re: KH pipes

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2025 3:45 pm
by Bernie Blundell
Cheers Roger, yep, this is swinging arm model, should have thought & mentioned it in the first post

Re: KH pipes

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2025 3:49 pm
by Vincent.vanGinneke
this is the man .



Dave Owen Ariel VHA (2).jpg

Re: KH pipes

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2025 3:58 pm
by Bernie Blundell
Cheers Nev, As the Ariel KH owners guide lists crankshaft gears for both solo & sidecar I guess they allowed for both options of proposed usage. I guess it will depend to some degree on the performance & range anticipated, mostly it will be dry sunny days when 'herself' fancies getting some fresh air instead of being in the 'box'.

Re: KH pipes

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2025 4:09 pm
by Bernie Blundell
Thanks for the picures Pete & Vincent, nice pipework there 8-)

Re: KH pipes

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2025 4:15 pm
by Roger Gwynn
For those that don't know him that is Dave Owen our treasurer on the blue KHA

Re: KH pipes

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2025 4:52 pm
by Simon.Gardiner
Roger - was the set you had made the ISDT-type that come together down the left side of the bike (as in Dave's bike)?

SG

Re: KH pipes

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2025 6:45 pm
by Roger Gwynn
No, on the right and low level