Rigid frame rearstand
-
Paul Slootheer
- Holder of a Golden Anorak

- Posts: 1019
- Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:47 pm
- Contact:
Rigid frame rearstand
Looking for a descent rearstand for a rigid frame…
Any one?
Any one?
1953 Ariel VB project - 1950’s Rigid Matchless G3L project
-
nevhunter
- Holder of a Platinum Anorak

- Posts: 5710
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 9:42 am
- Location: Victoria.. Australia.
- Contact:
Re: Rigid frame rearstand
Don't they vary in shape depending on what exhaust system is fitted ? Nev
- Roger Gwynn
- Holder of a Golden Anorak

- Posts: 2115
- Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:34 am
- Location: Norwich, UK
- Contact:
Re: Rigid frame rearstand
No but there is a difference if a QD wheel is fitted, I don't know what the difference is and I think it was for 1 year only.
Roger Gwynn, caretaker of the club's works drawings and machine register, membership secretary 2015-26. Director of AOMCC, Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired. (roger@arielownersmcc.com)
-
Paul Slootheer
- Holder of a Golden Anorak

- Posts: 1019
- Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: Rigid frame rearstand
Apart from the differences Roger did mention there where no variations (as far as I know…) Draganfly made nice replica’s, but they are out of stock for quite some time…
My rearwheel is just the ‘plain’ fixed hub type.
My rearwheel is just the ‘plain’ fixed hub type.
1953 Ariel VB project - 1950’s Rigid Matchless G3L project
-
nevhunter
- Holder of a Platinum Anorak

- Posts: 5710
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 9:42 am
- Location: Victoria.. Australia.
- Contact:
Re: Rigid frame rearstand
Roger. that is not what I've found.With upswept pipes it does not Matter but with the Power Pipes. the stand is shaped to clear the Pipes when down. Nev
- Roger Gwynn
- Holder of a Golden Anorak

- Posts: 2115
- Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:34 am
- Location: Norwich, UK
- Contact:
Re: Rigid frame rearstand
The stands are 1926-27, 1928, 1930-35, 1936-55 plus others for Colts, Slopers and plunger models. For 1935 only there was a different stand listed for QD wheel models but as it was not listed for 1936 it is assumed that the standard stand was OK. When the 1936 stand was introduced many bikes had twin pipes and this stand is shaped to fit all. The left silencer is held away from the frame by an extension on the stand pivot bolt 5505-36 thus providing clearance for the stand.
The cost of castings has increased dramatically in recent years and given the usual problems with suppliers Draganfly have been testing a fabricated version of the plunger rear stand. This has proved successful not only in terms of manufacture but also aesthetics. The rear stand will be next and I hope it won't be long as I need one!
The cost of castings has increased dramatically in recent years and given the usual problems with suppliers Draganfly have been testing a fabricated version of the plunger rear stand. This has proved successful not only in terms of manufacture but also aesthetics. The rear stand will be next and I hope it won't be long as I need one!
Roger Gwynn, caretaker of the club's works drawings and machine register, membership secretary 2015-26. Director of AOMCC, Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired. (roger@arielownersmcc.com)
- Vincent.vanGinneke
- Holder of a Platinum Anorak

- Posts: 4896
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:14 am
- Location: "The Dutch Branch"
- Contact:
Re: Rigid frame rearstand
Paul, did you ask Karol ?
I got mine from Denmark but it turned out to be one from Karol.
Only difference I know is a plunger one has the spring on the nearside and a rigid one on the.....ehhhh, other side
.
I got mine from Denmark but it turned out to be one from Karol.
Only difference I know is a plunger one has the spring on the nearside and a rigid one on the.....ehhhh, other side
- Roger Gwynn
- Holder of a Golden Anorak

- Posts: 2115
- Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:34 am
- Location: Norwich, UK
- Contact:
Re: Rigid frame rearstand
Different shape of leg as well. The plunger one is stronger
Roger Gwynn, caretaker of the club's works drawings and machine register, membership secretary 2015-26. Director of AOMCC, Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired. (roger@arielownersmcc.com)
Re: Rigid frame rearstand
I have the one from Karol. I don’t know what version it is but it’s fine on my 37 VH. The only thing is that it was touching the brake cam nut but with a washer between the frame and the stand m it is ok now. Otherwise it’s quality build. Even the casting numbers are there.
-
Paul Slootheer
- Holder of a Golden Anorak

- Posts: 1019
- Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: Rigid frame rearstand
Ok, thanks for the info, I will try Karol!
1953 Ariel VB project - 1950’s Rigid Matchless G3L project
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot] and 0 guests
