mag removal

Singles, twins and fours.
Post Reply
Richard Woolnough
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:25 pm
Location: nr Folkestone Kent
Contact:

mag removal

Post by Richard Woolnough »

Apologies to Simon Gardiner to whom I spoke yesterday, I didn't listen very well Simon so- I need to remove the mag on the Wng, the book says remove the oil pump and both sprockets but do I really need to remove the engine sprocket, is it not possible once I have broken the taper to remove the mag sprocket alone and remove the mag through the rear?.
I don't have a correct puller but have got a few pullers and if necessary can grind down a couple of legs to get behind the sprocket, any other suggestions welcome of course, and another, the book shows a bolt over the end nut there isn't one on this mag should there be?
Kind regards
R
User avatar
Roger Gwynn
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Posts: 2113
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:34 am
Location: Norwich, UK
Contact:

Re: mag removal

Post by Roger Gwynn »

Pretty tight to use leg type puller, the proper ones remove the possibility of bending or breaking sprocket teeth and are not expensive. Yes it is possible to remove the mag without removing pump and driving sprocket.
Roger Gwynn, caretaker of the club's works drawings and machine register, membership secretary 2015-26. Director of AOMCC, Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired. (roger@arielownersmcc.com)
Richard Woolnough
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:25 pm
Location: nr Folkestone Kent
Contact:

Re: mag removal

Post by Richard Woolnough »

Thanks for this Roger, does your company supply these pullers?
User avatar
Roger Gwynn
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Posts: 2113
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:34 am
Location: Norwich, UK
Contact:

Re: mag removal

Post by Roger Gwynn »

Oh yes but don't ask me I am retired! 6621-29 if I remember correctly
Roger Gwynn, caretaker of the club's works drawings and machine register, membership secretary 2015-26. Director of AOMCC, Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired. (roger@arielownersmcc.com)
Richard Woolnough
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:25 pm
Location: nr Folkestone Kent
Contact:

Re: mag removal

Post by Richard Woolnough »

Thanks Roger, I couldn't find it on the website, I am also retired but miss weekends!
nevhunter
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Posts: 5707
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 9:42 am
Location: Victoria.. Australia.
Contact:

Re: mag removal

Post by nevhunter »

It's easy to get the Magdyno shaft out of true trying to get the sprocket off. It's also difficult to Hold the armature while removing the Nut if it's at all tight on the thread. Holding it by the Points assembly is not recommended nor is a screwdriver in the Fibre gear which has a slipping clutch. Nev
User avatar
Roger Gwynn
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Posts: 2113
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 11:34 am
Location: Norwich, UK
Contact:

Re: mag removal

Post by Roger Gwynn »

On the subject of weekends when you are retired, I fixed that by continuing to switch from cereal at breakfast to toast at the weekends.
Roger Gwynn, caretaker of the club's works drawings and machine register, membership secretary 2015-26. Director of AOMCC, Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired. (roger@arielownersmcc.com)
Richard Woolnough
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:25 pm
Location: nr Folkestone Kent
Contact:

Re: mag removal

Post by Richard Woolnough »

Thanks Nev, Roger Drags havn't got one and I woud rather buy the correct tool if possible, difficult to ask this, I guess, but any other suggestions as to supply?
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot] and 0 guests