Search found 682 matches
- Tue Oct 06, 2026 5:01 pm
- Forum: For sale/wanted - Parts, and those bits and bobs
- Topic: 1938 Owners' Guide to give away
- Replies: 0
- Views: 42
1938 Owners' Guide to give away
I have a "1938 Owners' Guide The Single Cylinder Model" to give away, preferably to an owner of such a machine. This is a reprint done by Vintage & Veteran Motorbooks of Australia and, except for a few stains, is in good condition. All pages are present and legible.
- Sat Jun 27, 2026 7:31 pm
- Forum: Four stroke
- Topic: KH running badly
- Replies: 9
- Views: 1212
Re: KH running badly
I just listened to the recording in your first post and while I know next to nothing about the KH I am wondering if you don't have the choke completely closed. If not, perhaps this trouble shooting page from Nicholson's book will lead you in the right direction.
- Fri Jun 19, 2026 2:09 pm
- Forum: Main Chat Forum
- Topic: Greetings from Barcelona! Seeking for advise :)
- Replies: 11
- Views: 3396
Re: Greetings from Barcelona! Seeking for advise :)
First, I'd like a motorcycle that can cope reasonably well with modern riding conditions. I don't intend to commute through Barcelona traffic, but I would like to enjoy secondary roads and longer touring rides. My father lives around 200 km from Barcelona in a mountainous area, and I'd love to be ...
- Wed May 27, 2026 7:15 pm
- Forum: Ariel Talk
- Topic: 1953? Ariel Red Hunter - Seat
- Replies: 11
- Views: 2789
Re: 1953? Ariel Red Hunter - Seat
Hello Philip,
Welcome to the Forum. Originally the wheel rim centres would have been painted to match the tank.
Regards, Chris
Welcome to the Forum. Originally the wheel rim centres would have been painted to match the tank.
Regards, Chris
- Mon May 25, 2026 2:32 pm
- Forum: Members' Bikes
- Topic: 1920 Ariel
- Replies: 12
- Views: 5033
Re: 1920 Ariel
Sounds and looks good, Tony. Bravo!
- Mon May 04, 2026 4:49 pm
- Forum: For sale/wanted - Bikes
- Topic: For Sale: 1946 Sq4 & 1951 VH
- Replies: 11
- Views: 15662
Re: For Sale: 1946 Sq4 & 1951 VH
Everything mentioned in the above ad has now been sold.
- Fri Apr 24, 2026 12:46 pm
- Forum: Electrics
- Topic: Correct battery VHA
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2495
Re: Correct battery VHA
Hello Rob,
I have used this battery successfully in both coil and magneto ignition Ariels for many years. It fits into the old battery cases and is available from this Canadian supplier:
https://bbmbattery.ca/products/power-so ... id-battery
Where in Canada are you located?
I have used this battery successfully in both coil and magneto ignition Ariels for many years. It fits into the old battery cases and is available from this Canadian supplier:
https://bbmbattery.ca/products/power-so ... id-battery
Where in Canada are you located?
- Tue Apr 07, 2026 12:39 pm
- Forum: For sale/wanted - Parts, and those bits and bobs
- Topic: Wanted-1940 girder fork friction handle
- Replies: 15
- Views: 2917
Re: Wanted-1940 friction damper
Hello Wade,
If it is 4665-34 you are looking for, I've got a few spares.
Chris
If it is 4665-34 you are looking for, I've got a few spares.
Chris
- Thu Mar 05, 2026 12:21 pm
- Forum: Four stroke
- Topic: S4 Cylinders
- Replies: 11
- Views: 4898
Re: S4 Cylinders
What about the gasket? None of the examples mention it or show it.
With the method I used there is no problem fitting the gasket before placing the cylinder block onto the crankcase. The gasket is clearly visible if you zoom in to the 4th photo of the below link. I put Wellseal on the bottom ...
- Thu Feb 12, 2026 4:34 pm
- Forum: Main Chat Forum
- Topic: Brake Anchor Bar
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1534
Re: Brake Anchor Bar
Roger,
Thank you for taking the time to respond.
Thank you for taking the time to respond.
