Search found 50 matches
- Sat Oct 10, 2026 7:17 am
- Forum: Members' Bikes
- Topic: Project 1934 VG 500
- Replies: 55
- Views: 6664
Re: Project 1934 VG 500
Hi Albert, when you draw the lines for the tank, consider also the thickness of the striplines which is something I didn’t do as i thought the painter will draw them outside of the perimeter we set but the way he painted was painting the tank first gold, then covering the striplines with 3M vinyl ...
- Sat Oct 03, 2026 5:33 pm
- Forum: For sale/wanted - Parts, and those bits and bobs
- Topic: Rigid frame rearstand
- Replies: 9
- Views: 351
Re: Rigid frame rearstand
I have the one from Karol. I don’t know what version it is but it’s fine on my 37 VH. The only thing is that it was touching the brake cam nut but with a washer between the frame and the stand m it is ok now. Otherwise it’s quality build. Even the casting numbers are there.
- Tue Sep 01, 2026 5:15 pm
- Forum: Members' Bikes
- Topic: 1937 VH Project
- Replies: 74
- Views: 28858
Re: 1937 VH Project
So finally the bike is cosmetically where i want it and as correct as I could get it for 1937 although i have wng girders and a few more chromed bits than factory standard (feel free to find the mistakes :D).
Initially it struggled starting and when it did, it was going for a couple of miles and ...
Initially it struggled starting and when it did, it was going for a couple of miles and ...
- Thu Jul 09, 2026 5:19 pm
- Forum: For sale/wanted - Parts, and those bits and bobs
- Topic: Wanted - 1 x Pushrod 11-1/8" for 1933 VH500
- Replies: 13
- Views: 3426
Re: Wanted - 2 x Pushrods 11-1/8" for 1933 VH500
I would be wary of using stainless steel as the rate of expansion is greater than standard steels. Sometimes the ends are on so tight no amount of force will remove them and the tube must be sawn through and the ends bored, mmmm bored ends
Haven’t thought of that.. hopefully I won’t need to get ...
- Wed Jul 08, 2026 9:12 pm
- Forum: For sale/wanted - Parts, and those bits and bobs
- Topic: Wanted - 1 x Pushrod 11-1/8" for 1933 VH500
- Replies: 13
- Views: 3426
- Fri Jun 19, 2026 2:16 pm
- Forum: Members' Bikes
- Topic: 1937 VH Project
- Replies: 74
- Views: 28858
Re: 1937 VH Project
I did draw some lines with a tape as i am not so good with the artistic side of the restoration and also gave the drawings to the painter.
He will draw the lines (a lot better than me) and then i will have a look for review before painting.
I will try to just make it beautiful to the eye than ...
He will draw the lines (a lot better than me) and then i will have a look for review before painting.
I will try to just make it beautiful to the eye than ...
- Tue Jun 16, 2026 3:37 pm
- Forum: Members' Bikes
- Topic: 1937 VH Project
- Replies: 74
- Views: 28858
Re: 1937 VH Project
And how are your tank lines?
- Tue Jun 16, 2026 10:55 am
- Forum: Members' Bikes
- Topic: 1937 VH Project
- Replies: 74
- Views: 28858
Re: 1937 VH Project
is that better?
- Tue Jun 16, 2026 5:37 am
- Forum: Members' Bikes
- Topic: 1937 VH Project
- Replies: 74
- Views: 28858
Re: 1937 VH Project
See this list from Hunter rubbers : /https://www.james-motorcycles.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/OUTSIDE-uk-jeff-hunter-eng-price-list-April-2019-UK-combined-bits-and-pieces-3.pdf
you see they state 1937/'53 but I dont know if that means from '37 or including '37
anyway, the spot where the ...
- Mon Jun 15, 2026 8:39 pm
- Forum: Members' Bikes
- Topic: 1937 VH Project
- Replies: 74
- Views: 28858
Re: 1937 VH Project
Thanks Vincent!
I thought this is the previous version of knee grips used up to 1936.
Maybe the design of the tank is different? The one i have attached says 34-37 but I would say it is more like 34-36. If that’s the case then maybe i have to adjust the lines slightly.
I thought this is the previous version of knee grips used up to 1936.
Maybe the design of the tank is different? The one i have attached says 34-37 but I would say it is more like 34-36. If that’s the case then maybe i have to adjust the lines slightly.
