Search found 118 matches

by RayBlack
Sun Sep 27, 2026 3:17 am
Forum: For sale/wanted - Parts, and those bits and bobs
Topic: 1928 frame and forks for sale in Sweden
Replies: 4
Views: 183

1928 frame and forks for sale in Sweden

I saw this under the hammer on the Sajab website. Looks to be in pretty good shape...

https://auctionet.com/sv/5391420-ariel- ... 28-england
by RayBlack
Wed Aug 12, 2026 2:57 pm
Forum: Ariel Talk
Topic: 1948 Sq4 basket job - help!
Replies: 39
Views: 27679

Re: 1948 Sq4 basket job - help!

Thanks Roger. I will get the new set of rods in October when I visit the UK for vacation. I can then take them, the new pistons and the cranks to the machine shop to see how much fettling they need to achieve 0% balance. Hopefully adding large amounts of extra weight will not be an issue...
by RayBlack
Tue Aug 11, 2026 5:54 pm
Forum: Ariel Talk
Topic: 1948 Sq4 basket job - help!
Replies: 39
Views: 27679

Re: 1948 Sq4 basket job - help!

I intend to buy a set of club connecting rods for my 1948 Sq4 project. Reading the instructions/recommendations booklet that come with them I see that balancing both cranks to a factor of 0% would be beneficial. If I am reading correctly, this would mean adding approx 24 grams of weight to the ...
by RayBlack
Mon Jun 22, 2026 2:47 pm
Forum: Main Chat Forum
Topic: Klapton V4
Replies: 12
Views: 3166

Re: Klapton V4

It would be a good bike for a ride on a cold day as those rear exhaust pipes would keep the inside of your calves toasty warm...
by RayBlack
Mon Jun 22, 2026 2:41 pm
Forum: Main Chat Forum
Topic: Avon tyres, lack of
Replies: 7
Views: 1805

Re: Avon tyres, lack of

I am informed by Mike Partridge from Waldrige Motors in Ontario, that Avon have the 20 inch Speedmaster Mk11 on thier list of tyres with expected delivery in early 2027. Apparently, he has a priority list that they have assured him will be fulfilled.
by RayBlack
Tue Jun 02, 2026 8:21 pm
Forum: Ariel Talk
Topic: Alloy 4G exhaust manifold mystery
Replies: 6
Views: 2109

Re: Alloy 4G exhaust manifold mystery

Thanks for clarifying the actual year they were fitted Paul, and confirming they are correct for my bike.
by RayBlack
Thu May 14, 2026 3:07 pm
Forum: Four stroke
Topic: 1928 Front Gas Lamp Brackets
Replies: 24
Views: 2508

Re: 1928 Front Gas Lamp Brackets

I will try to resist 'blinging it up' too much :lol: . Assuming it is not in too awful bad shape once the layers of paint come off, nickel plating the hinged front section is likely as far as I'll go.
by RayBlack
Thu May 14, 2026 3:01 pm
Forum: Ariel Talk
Topic: Alloy 4G exhaust manifold mystery
Replies: 6
Views: 2109

Re: Alloy 4G exhaust manifold mystery

Thanks Roger. Based on this advise I went back to the parts book and, sure enough, there is the ET 1033 number alongside the 200-37 spares number, which I associated with the cast iron manifolds. Mystery solved. I think I will probably use the alloy ones on my '48 Sq4.
by RayBlack
Thu May 14, 2026 2:45 am
Forum: Four stroke
Topic: 1928 Front Gas Lamp Brackets
Replies: 24
Views: 2508

Re: 1928 Front Gas Lamp Brackets

What do you know? I found a Lucas carbide headlamp and acetylene generator. Turns out the first person I asked had one laying around. It is not in perfect shape, but a bit of tinsmithing and a coat of nickel on the appropriate parts and it should scrub up a treat. Unfortunately, he did not have a ...
by RayBlack
Thu May 14, 2026 2:35 am
Forum: Ariel Talk
Topic: Alloy 4G exhaust manifold mystery
Replies: 6
Views: 2109

Alloy 4G exhaust manifold mystery

Has anyone come across alloy exhaust manifolds for a 4G Sq4? I received a couple in a '48 basket job that I recently purchased. I can find no reference to them in my 47/48 parts book and they are not mentioned on the Draganfly website. They are not unique in that a friend of mine with a big pile of ...