Fraudulent mail?

Notifications and info on forum or website work and issues
ian.scott
Holder of a Silver Anorak
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Fraudulent mail?

Post by ian.scott »

I'm not sure where to post this ,but this is the second mail I have received this week. I dont know the sender ,or what order they are talking about and I definitely haven't ordered something of this value.
I have just gnored it . Does it ring a bell with anyone ?
Good evening, dear Buyer.

Today we've your bank payment for purchase order #14299721 for $2892.21. We are truly sorry for possible delay with purchase order delivery: few order elements have not arrived to our storage yet. However, we are pleased to inform you – your box will be already packed and arranged for UPS delivery in 3-4 days. All shipping and delivery information can be found in an attached document.

Thanks for your order!

Ian
fpassmore
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Re: Fraudulent mail?

Post by fpassmore »

This is a fraudulent email from someone trying to get you to open the attached file. Once that file is opened you can be infected with any number of virus or malware. The address it was sent from is one of the Yahoo chat group members out of the US that has been hacked it would appear.
Delete and ignore !
Frank Passmore
'51 SQ4, '56 NH, '56 VH, '37 VH500 Red Hunter, '56 SQ4 (basket case), '49 Sq4 (basket case), '48 A7 BSA Twin, 12 other BSA's, 9 Norton's, 2 Triumph's, 3 Ducati's and 3 Japanese. Just crazed is all my problem is.
Mark Nazer

Post by Mark Nazer »

Agreed!! Delete without question. Any unexpected email, usually with dubious English as yours was should be deleted without clicking on any form of link.
DELETE!
Also, seeing as we are on the subject; also hang up on any automated (or real) message on the phone that often relates to broadband, computer issues, etc. even if they do say they are from Microsoft..........
Enjoy old age, you didn’t die young!
admin
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by admin »

Never open an attachment, unless you are 100% certain of it's origin
If you are given a weblink, then roll your mouse over it to see esaxtly what the url is.

PLenty of stuff out there on how you can tell ...

https://www.itgovernance.co.uk/blog/5-w ... hing-email

I've seen some really good fake tv license and DVLA refund emails on the past weeks ....

BTW, if you did get a call from microsoft then take it from they don't have your phone number, let alone a clue what your computer is doing.