AOMCC # 1017
'52 KH
'56 VH
29/31VF
brenton.roy
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by brenton.roy »

John, Rein from this forum sent me some photo's of his KHA. You can see the plates in these, but more so, if you want some insipation...
Maybe he wouldn't mind sharing these. Brenton
'51,'56 Squares, '48 VH, '27 Model C, R67/2, Mk IV Le Mans, '06 Super Duke and Ariel projects.
brenton.roy

Post by brenton.roy »

Hi John, I've found them. If you don't have any luck locally, I won't be using them for a while, and could either post them over to you to have copied, or look into having a pair made here and send them over.
Looks like a spacer washer behind one plate only.
regards, Brenton
'51,'56 Squares, '48 VH, '27 Model C, R67/2, Mk IV Le Mans, '06 Super Duke and Ariel projects.
john.nash

Re:

Post by john.nash »

brenton.roy wrote:Hi John, I've found them. If you don't have any luck locally, I won't be using them for a while, and could either post them over to you to have copied, or look into having a pair made here and send them over.
Looks like a spacer washer behind one plate only.
regards, Brenton
That is very kind of you.
You may be opening the floodgates to everyone else that needs a set (Dave Pitt, for example, who emailed me a very sad tail about his KH's) and become the worldwide supplier of KH plates.
I got a lead off Adrie and if that turns out to be a non runner, then I'll take Dave's advice that he's been searching for a LONG time for a set, and ask if you could get a quote to make some up for me. It would probably be chaeper than mailing them over the ocean (twice) and risk them getting lost...... I could maybe exchange for something but it looks like I just swapped/sold my VB engine spares with Will Wallace (for a 500 head/barrel) .. but we both know that there are things I can pick up off EBAY cheaper (and avaiable ) over here that the seller won't ship abroad. Quid Quo Pro.
John Nash
AOMCC No.4119
''78 t140 bonneville, '77 BMW R80, '67 CJ750, 196-ish Ural M62 outfit, '51 VH500, '49 project Ariel , '47 VH twinport, '44 Ariel WNG, '42 indian 741b, '41 Ariel WNG and piles of rusty scrap ....
brenton.roy

Post by brenton.roy »

No worries John, I'll ask around for prices. Mail isn't too bad given I don't need to worry about tracking.
It's probably cheaper to get a couple of sets done from both the postage and making costs side of things.
I'm sure the 'comes around goes around' theory will work it's magic eventually.
rein.heerkens

Post by rein.heerkens »

John,

If you are interested in some detailed pictures of my KHA then sent me your pm.
john.nash

Re: KH500 rigid/plunger front engine plates

Post by john.nash »

Hi,

Use the webmaster email address here or use iether the PM or Email icons, under my name, over on the left ...

cheers everyone
John Nash
AOMCC No.4119
''78 t140 bonneville, '77 BMW R80, '67 CJ750, 196-ish Ural M62 outfit, '51 VH500, '49 project Ariel , '47 VH twinport, '44 Ariel WNG, '42 indian 741b, '41 Ariel WNG and piles of rusty scrap ....
john.nash

Re:

Post by john.nash »

brenton.roy wrote:No worries John, I'll ask around for prices. Mail isn't too bad given I don't need to worry about tracking.
It's probably cheaper to get a couple of sets done from both the postage and making costs side of things.
I'm sure the 'comes around goes around' theory will work it's magic eventually.
Brenton,

I reckon Dave Pitt might be up for a set .. so we're up to two ...

AND it won't be what comes around it will be cash AND I will owe you at least a similar "level" of favour ...
John Nash
AOMCC No.4119
brenton.roy

Re:

Post by brenton.roy »

brenton.roy wrote:John, Rein from this forum sent me some photo's of his KHA. You can see the plates in these, but more so, if you want some insipation...
Jeez, what is the matter with me. I was trying to say "Inspiration"... It's a beautiful bike.
john.nash

Re: KH500 rigid/plunger front engine plates

Post by john.nash »

I have a set of front engine plates (swapped an old seat with Jorgen "ariel" andersen) somewhere in transit.

Are the rear plates the same as singles or also unique ??
... the parts book (if ariel used the same part number across all models; if it was the same) would indicate they are different.
They look easier to make up though ..

cardboard template or technical drawing anyone ?
John Nash
AOMCC No.4119