Burman BA Advice Needed

Singles, twins and fours.
Dave.Barkshire
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Re:

Post by Dave.Barkshire »

brenton.roy wrote:Hi Dave, I think Nev is right. When you get it apart, you'll notice that neither the clutch inner basket or the bush has anything to do with mainshaft end play. With both the basket off and the kickstart mechanism out, I still have no end play.regards, Brenton
I don't suspect anything at the clutch end apart from worn slots. I have a spare inner which I hope will fit (if I can get the old one off) and that should make the clutch sweeter. The endplay is all coming from the short bush which the kist start pinion rotates on. If it was a bit longer then the play would be gone.
Dave.Barkshire

Post by Dave.Barkshire »

Update : I have just spent the evening in the garage.... I filed down a thick washer to extend the bush which at first was a success but I then found that I could not change gear. This it turns out was the wrong thing to do and is a further lesson from the don't frig with nature series.

Whilst I was at it, I filed the grooves in the clutch inner, changed the friction plates, cleaned the oil from the clutch and just made sure that it was reassembled properly. Right now it is assembled and ready to go. It will be interesting to see if the system has improved.