Chrono speedo repare

Bikes or not. Whatever
tonyh
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Chrono speedo repare

Post by tonyh »

Hi Folks
Can anybody recommend a firm or person to recondition my Chrono speedo off my late 50s Ariel please.
Cheers Tony
BobWard

Re: Chrono speedo repare

Post by BobWard »

http://www.chronometrics.co.uk have had two done over the last ten years , phoned and booked a time and in one hour or so he serviced/ repaired my own while I had a walk about. It’s just outside Nottingham and he does a postal service as well.
Sorry for the wrong web site so just updated, it was very late.
Last edited by BobWard on Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
1958 Huntmaster
1957 VH 500
1960 FB Cruiser 84
KenGriggs

Post by KenGriggs »

I'll second that one. I sent off my speedo from my square 4 (which wasn't working), and he emailed me back to say it wasn't actually the right speedo for the bike. He re-calibrated it for the bike, and reconditioned it, and I had it back as new a week later. Excellent job.
pkrichardson

Post by pkrichardson »

The link to the web site says West Sussex not Nottingham is it the correct link
Brian Petheram

Re: Chrono speedo repair

Post by Brian Petheram »

The link actually goes to the site of David and Philip Woods. David has just refurbished the Chronometric speedo for my Red Hunter at a very fair price and a very fast turnaround. As a bonus he has recalibrated it so it will read correctly with the PA ratio gears thus saving me either changing the layshaft in the gearbox or paying a ridiculous sum for a PA speedo. It has a right angle drive, so fits with my panel tank.
I have no experience of the Nottingham firm but I believe it was the one featured on Henry Cole's Motorbike Show on TV last week - still available on Channel 4 catchup.
BobWard

Re: Chrono speedo repair

Post by BobWard »

Brian Petheram wrote:The link actually goes to the site of David and Philip Woods. David has just refurbished the Chronometric speedo for my Red Hunter at a very fair price and a very fast turnaround. As a bonus he has recalibrated it so it will read correctly with the PA ratio gears thus saving me either changing the layshaft in the gearbox or paying a ridiculous sum for a PA speedo. It has a right angle drive, so fits with my panel tank.
I have no experience of the Nottingham firm but I believe it was the one featured on Henry Cole's Motorbike Show on TV last week - still available on Channel 4 catchup.
Oops yes I did post the wrong web site and have just changed it, must of been a senior moment or Jameson’s influence.
1958 Huntmaster
1957 VH 500
1960 FB Cruiser 84
pkrichardson

Post by pkrichardson »

Thanks for that Bob i'd forgot the name of the place but new it was in Nottingham
paul.jameson
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by paul.jameson »

I am accustomed to verbal abuse at AOMCC gatherings, particularly from those I know well, but Bob Ward's post is a first.
Paul Jameson
35 LG (project), 37 RH500, 52 ex ISDT KHA, 54 KH(A), 75 Healey 1000/4.
Former Machine Registrar & Archivist, General Secretary and Single Spares Organiser (over a 25 year period).
Now Archivist (but not Machine Registrar), Gauges and Clocks Spares Organiser.
BobWard

Post by BobWard »

Ha Ha, all I can say is you make a very fine whiskey. Cheers. :-)
1958 Huntmaster
1957 VH 500
1960 FB Cruiser 84
tonyh
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by tonyh »

Thanks everybody for the reply. The one off the bike is like a fossil so it will be a 5 minute job.
Tony