SOLD 1935 500cc Single

admin
Holder of a Golden Anorak

SOLD 1935 500cc Single

Post by admin »

NOW SOLD

Ariel 1935 500cc Single. In immaculate condition. Fully rebuilt to the highest standards 10 years ago, with no expense spared, and very little use since.
Has been stored on SORN for last 5 years in the Owner's heated garage.
There is full documentation for the bike, complete with all receipts and work sheets, original Log book etc.

The current owner has had the bike for the last 60+ years, has realised he is far to old to use it, and reluctantly wishes to sell,

£11,500 o.n.o.

For further information contact Peter Kemp at moriel@tiscali.co.uk
For AOMCC members, Pete's phone number is here: http://www.arielownersmcc.com/members ... pares.html
Ariel.jpg
Ariel 2 1.jpg
Ariel 4 1.jpg
tony.barnett
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Post by tony.barnett »

<cough> HOW MUCH!?!
KOBI
Swindon Branch Secretary
Ariels - 1913 TT Model, 20 Roadster, 28 Model D, 30 Model B, 38 VH, 52 VH
Velocette MAC, KSS Mk1
robin.parker
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by robin.parker »

And then they ask, where is the next generation of new young members? And I really don't mean this Club specifically.
john.nash

Re: For Sale: 1935 500cc Single

Post by john.nash »

robin.parker wrote:And then they ask, where is the next generation of new young members? And I really don't mean this Club specifically.
With that money, they are all out on a hayabusa:

http://www.padgettsmotorcycles.com/default.aspx?pid=170

and still have change for the flicks, a night out, bag of chips and then still have enough left to fly to bermuda for the weekend !
John Nash
AOMCC No.4119
''78 t140 bonneville, '77 BMW R80, '67 CJ750, 196-ish Ural M62 outfit, '51 VH500, '49 project Ariel , '47 VH twinport, '44 Ariel WNG, '42 indian 741b, '41 Ariel WNG and piles of rusty scrap ....
tony.barnett

Re:

Post by tony.barnett »

robin.parker wrote:And then they ask, where is the next generation of new young members? And I really don't mean this Club specifically.
Absolutely right. I'm glad I bought my bikes while the prices were reasonable. But £11.5k for a VH? Cmon...thats just stupid and it also makes other people think their bikes are worth that so the prices rise.

I think the old bike game will price itself into extinction.
KOBI
Swindon Branch Secretary
Ariels - 1913 TT Model, 20 Roadster, 28 Model D, 30 Model B, 38 VH, 52 VH
Velocette MAC, KSS Mk1
Mike.Morgan

Post by Mike.Morgan »

I wish you old buggers would stop stockpiling the spares too!! ;)
john.nash

Re: For Sale: 1935 500cc Single

Post by john.nash »

Mike.Morgan wrote:I wish you old buggers would stop stockpiling the spares too!! ;)
I have had an ariel for slightly over two years (I now have three !) and I am already having to "hoard" some parts.
There is no avoiding it, as I intend to run my ariels until I die (hopefully another 30 years), and certain parts are going to be needed and not getting any cheaper nor any more available.

Stuff that Drags/the Club has so I am not worried about, but it's things like decent pistons (see the other thread), spares sets of chaincases, head's, barrels, crankcases, cranks (I have a completely rebuilt one with new big end and new conrod in the loft) that I am going to need to have.

Is this neccessity or is it simply depriving others of bits needed for completing a bike ....?.
John Nash
AOMCC No.4119
''78 t140 bonneville, '77 BMW R80, '67 CJ750, 196-ish Ural M62 outfit, '51 VH500, '49 project Ariel , '47 VH twinport, '44 Ariel WNG, '42 indian 741b, '41 Ariel WNG and piles of rusty scrap ....
robin.parker
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by robin.parker »

We probably need not worry about stockpiling spares, in a few years time, our bikes will either be "legislated" of the road by the damned EU numpties, OR they'll have become so valuable, that when they break, we'll be able to sell them on ebay, for vast sums of money, as "restoration projects" and then go and sit on a beach somewhere.
Me, I think I'll just ride my bikes.
Vincent.vanGinneke
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Post by Vincent.vanGinneke »

A asking price like that is the amount a taxation company would come up with, these are known to live in their own world, not the one we are using our bikes in.
After ' us' there will be no more classic biking so get out on these things as much as you can, my own son likes the bikes I have but he goes for a Ducati Monster.
By the time he changes his mind our bikes are only allowed out on pre booked club runs with known begin and end, all gps controlled.
In effect not far away from the system once used where a man with a red flag was mandatory...

vincent
ABMartin

Post by ABMartin »

Sounds like a fair price to me. They don't make them anymore you know.

Bruce
1937 VH Single Port High Pipe