SOLD 1935 500cc Single

adrie.degraaff
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by adrie.degraaff »

Old and veteran cars already lost 50% of theire value by the fact that no one has room for them and useles in modern trafic.
ABMartin

Re: Re:

Post by ABMartin »

[/quote](of petrol ? ) .. you bet .. I've been out using it ...[/quote]

This being Canada I don't benefit from the longer riding season you guys have although in season I try to get out on my Ariel at least weekly and any notions of value don't enter into the equation.

As an aside, you should bear in mind that its probably more difficult for me to keep my VH on the road since, as it is probably one of the very few pre-war Ariels (or britbikes of any kind) in existence in North America let alone being used regularly. You should also remember that I don't benefit from the support infrastructure for older bikes that Europeans take for granted. If anything goes wrong with my bike I'm pretty much on my own in trying to sort it out. You people don't realize how well off you are.

Bruce
1937 VH Single Port High Pipe
Steven.Carter
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Re: Re:

Post by Steven.Carter »

ABMartin wrote: . If anything goes wrong with my bike I'm pretty much on my own in trying to sort it out. You people don't realize how well off you are.

Bruce
Bruce, your not completely on your own when we have this place to turn to. well, after my big hammer, the computer is the next best tool in the box!! :D

Steve
john.nash

Post by john.nash »

Mr Kemp now informs me that it's sold.

I guess we take it all back then ...........
John Nash
AOMCC No.4119
''78 t140 bonneville, '77 BMW R80, '67 CJ750, 196-ish Ural M62 outfit, '51 VH500, '49 project Ariel , '47 VH twinport, '44 Ariel WNG, '42 indian 741b, '41 Ariel WNG and piles of rusty scrap ....
ABMartin

Post by ABMartin »

Congratulations to the new owner. Speaking from my own experience he/she has made a great choice of bike.

Bruce
1937 VH Single Port High Pipe