Ariel Arrow logbook on Ebay

977 CXT
Frame No: 26042G
Engine No: 26042G
1st Registered: 17 August 1961
No trace on DVLA vehicle enquiry check

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ariel-Super- ... rk:55:pf:0
977 CXT super arrow.jpg
1939 VH Redhunter;1942 RN WNG;1951 Triumph 6T Thunderbird;1970 BSA B175 Bantam;1986 Yamaha SRX600 single;1952 VHA engined project
http://cloggymoore.wix.com/triumph-pre-unit-6t
cbcanham@gmail.com

Re: 977 CXT Ariel 'Super' Arrow1961

Post by cbcanham@gmail.com »

So why is this a listing an issue, Does it suggest anywhere in the eBay listing it could be used to register a bike. Just because DVLC dont have it on their system does not necessarily mean it as suggested " flakey." Perhaps the individuals time would be better spent making factually correct posts .
alan.moore
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by alan.moore »

cbcanham@gmail.com wrote:So why is this a listing an issue, Does it suggest anywhere in the eBay listing it could be used to register a bike. Just because DVLC dont have it on their system does not necessarily mean it as suggested " flakey." Perhaps the individuals time would be better spent making factually correct posts .
Colin,
Please read the first post at the top of this section of the forum. The primary intention of this section is that it may allow members to reunite log books with motorcycles they own. Secondary is to try and prevent logbooks sold on Ebay, or elsewhere, being used to register a stolen Ariel motorcycle which has had its identity numbers altered to match such a log book or be used to give a motorcycle the identity of a machine that may well still be in existence. I am sure you will agree that this is a worthwhile endevour.

Regarding the post itself it just gives the facts of the listing so the post itself is factually correct.

This section of the forum has been running for over two years now and there have previously been no adverse comments from any members on its purpose. I see your point that the heading for this section i.e Flakey registration numbers could upset those who are offering such documents for sale and I apologise if you were upset by that. I will contact the webmaster and suggest the heading is altered to 'logbooks for sale online'.

Regards
Alan
1939 VH Redhunter;1942 RN WNG;1951 Triumph 6T Thunderbird;1970 BSA B175 Bantam;1986 Yamaha SRX600 single;1952 VHA engined project
http://cloggymoore.wix.com/triumph-pre-unit-6t
admin

Post by admin »

Good explaination Alan - appreciate you jumping in here
I will take your (good) advice and change the title of this particular section.

having bikes of a few different makes, then I hear (and often see) the evidence of scams going on in internet land.
it appears that we are doing less and less buying and selling face-to-face and while that is a good thing in some respects (more choice - wider audience) it also allows the less than honest an improved opportunity to take advantage.

This section is to both advertise what is out there, in case you happen to have the bike being advertised (yes, it does happen) or know it's a scame and maybe also to reunite an owner with the original paperworrk. This is all coverd in the "sticky topic" at the start of this section http://forum.arielownersmcc.com/viewt ... =52&t=5194
Dave.Thomas
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Post by Dave.Thomas »

I notice your other posts all concern Sports Arrows and dating certs, so I guess it’s an area you have knowledge in.?