Re: FOR SALE : Very nice 38 VB

Post by Paul Slootheer »

Indeed, a lovely machine! :D
simon.holyfield
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Post by simon.holyfield »

Lovely. Hope someone sympathetic buys it!
cheers

Simes

'51 Square Four,
'58 Huntmaster,
'42 W/NG,
'30 Model A
https://ariel-square-four.blogspot.com
adrie.degraaff
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by adrie.degraaff »

simon.holyfield wrote:Hope someone sympathetic buys it!
Oké i won't buy :)
robjameson
Holder of a Silver Anorak
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Post by robjameson »

That is gorgeous. Bit pricey.
Rob Jameson
AOMCC Member Number 4068
1957 Ariel VH
1954 Ariel KH
1948 Ariel 4G with 1920's Ariel Sidecar/Triumph Chassis
AOMCC Twin Spares Organiser
nevhunter

Post by nevhunter »

Looks like the real deal, with substantially original parts. Depends on how tired it is. This one may be fine . I was given a BSA 500 OHV of about the same period a while back . It looked as good as this but was so worn It couldn't be ridden solo The engine plates were worn through and the gearbox had worn through on the frame lower bar on the K/S side.. As to whether this sort of thing is worth X pounds or Y pounds. ?? If you are after one like this they don't come very often. If you build from a basket case of ordinary bits you might get something shiny with non matching numbers and an Indian Tank etc They are the extremes of the scene.. To restore this would reduce it's value considerably.. I sold a 1952 Velocette MAC about 18 years ago with all original but very thin paint and a completely original bike which had been hard starting with the previous very long term owner. I overhauled the magneto and It was transformed. When this bike (with the new Owner) comes out it attracts more attention than all the other bikes on any run it's been on. People do like that kind of thing. Nev
Dave.Thomas
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Post by Dave.Thomas »

Done a deal on the VB, picked it up today. It’s a cracker
adrian.hannam
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by adrian.hannam »

Congratulations. Ticks all the boxes in my book. I look at all the "for sales" that get posted. Sometimes I check the exchange rates and then dream about winning the lotto. $80mil tomorrow night here in oz.
Editor "The Horse's Mouth" Australia
ben.mitchell

Post by ben.mitchell »

Hi Dave
This was my VB that I sold a few months ago and the purchaser appears to have just sold it on with a bit of mark up. I had it for about fifteen years and know all the history from when purchased new. I gave all the provenance paperwork to the purchaser and hope he has passed it on to you. I don't normally do the forum but a friend passed this paper trail on to me for my information. My email is benmitch1066@gmail.com
Best Wishes
Ben
ben.mitchell

Post by ben.mitchell »

Hi Dave
Just a quick few points while I think of it. The bike is very low mileage and the engine cases had never been split when it came to me...they still have not been split but I did give her a re-bore with new piston. The primary inspection cap had corroded so I had to take apart the primary side to drill it out and replace. The wiring was original but very perished so the copper was visible in many places, I replaced it all with black rubber to match. The carb body had started to corrode badly but I manged to find a new one which I fitted. I probably had the magneto reconditioned but I cannot remember for sure. The story was that she had been used up to the war and then put in a shed during fuel rationing and only came out to move into the owner's bedroom where it stayed until he went into an old folks home and I was offered it by the family. We put fuel in her and she fired right up!...not bad for what was supposed to be over fifty years...all the lights came on but the battery was long past useable so now has a solid state one inside the shell. I rode her down to the Colombres rally in Spain and she then came on to the Cammy Rally in Tolosa as a back up machine. I think that she still has all the original control cables, she is a really nice bike with patina to die for so please try and ensure that she is never 'restored'! I am sure that you will be pleased as she is probably the most original VB of her era.
Ben