Spares at the AGM Autojumble

pete.collings
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Spares at the AGM Autojumble

Post by pete.collings »

Just a reminder of the parts I have available, as listed in the members section of the forum. I plan to have a table at the AGM autojumble, so could bring any parts ordered with me for collection at the AGM.

I also have a few parts (not listed on my website) that I am bringing on behalf of some friends who are clearing surpless Ariel parts, these include Huntmaster barrels/pistons, cylinder head, primary chaincases (with loose chain wear!), outer timing cover, and various other small Huntmaster parts. Other bits include S/A single engine plates, tele fork sliders, rigid primary chaincases. I have not yet sorted out and checked all the bits, but email me for more details if you are interested.

Details of my listing in the members section is as below:

I have a few spares, mostly for swingarm singles and huntmaster, and these are shown on my home page at the link below. I am happy to post overseas, but prefer that the parcel(s) are under 2Kg so they can go via my local post office. I also try to update the availability lists after each sale. Contact details are on the website.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pete.collings/
pete.grimadell

Post by pete.grimadell »

Hello. I know this post is getting on for a year old but just thought I'd ask anyway. You mentioned friends selling surplus Huntmaster spares. I've just removed the rocker/head/barrels from my FH to reveal something of a horror story. The bores have had it in that there a lumps missing and I wouldn't think they would re-bore, the pistons actually look OK apart from the fact one of the little ends is so shot that I surprised the piston is actually still attached . The bottom end has had it, the conrods rock about like loose teeth, although there is not much up and down movement. Just trying to decide what to do, a nearby quarry is looking tempting at the moment. If you hear of a bike related murder in the Chesterfield area that may be me exacting revenge on the previous owner! Any decent second hand stuff I can get my hands on will help. So are there any useable barrels/pistons anywhere that you know of? Or a nice complete engine (just joking). I've already spent so much on this bike if I had the engine re-built the total outlay would be at least twice the value of the thing. I could have a go myself but not got much experience. A common story I know.

Sorry to rant but I feel much better now.

Regards.

Pete Grimadell
john.nash
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by john.nash »

Pete,

The AGM is two months off ... it was my first time last year and there was alot of stuff there .
It's also worth an appeal in Cheval as most of the club believes the internet to be the work of satan ...

Whereabouts are you ?

cheers
John Nash
AOMCC No.4119
''78 t140 bonneville, '77 BMW R80, '67 CJ750, 196-ish Ural M62 outfit, '51 VH500, '49 project Ariel , '47 VH twinport, '44 Ariel WNG, '42 indian 741b, '41 Ariel WNG and piles of rusty scrap ....
pete.collings

Post by pete.collings »

As an update to my original posting (as above), most of the additional Huntmaster stuff listed has since been sold, but there are still a few smaller bits remaining, and they are all incorporated on my website, link as above.
I plan to be at the AGM autojumble again this year, so would be happy to reserve anything for collection there if contacted beforehand. I am also planning to be at the VMCC Somerset autojumble at Shepton Mallet the weekend after next.
As John says, the AGM autojumble has a lot of stuff, and it is always worth putting a wanted ad in Cheval.