New Arrow owner...

Nige W

New Arrow owner...

Post by Nige W »

Hi all.

Recently bought this '61 Arrow. Only just 14k on the clock (with a known history from 1981). I had one years ago (in one big bit and some smaller ones) as I wanted to build a Michael O'Rourke replica. Anyway, that one ended up on the local tip, lol, after years and years of sitting around. So, the plan is revived. I aim to keep it a standard Arrow for now, but who knows what could ultimately develop?

It's running, but the points were arcing and, although I've cleaned/checked the carb and got a good idle and revs at a standstill, it was appalling under load - so I'm in the process of fitting a Pazon electronic ignition as phase 1. I would like to put on a bigger carb next and do the porting as per the '60s tuning guide... I might source some other barrels to do this work.

Anyway, looking forward to getting it just right for now and adding a few miles to the 14k.
Attachments
1527612150029.jpg
IMG_20180608_170651.jpg
Eero.Korhonen
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: New Arrow owner...

Post by Eero.Korhonen »

What a beauty, nice colours!
Br, Eero
Ariel VH 1954, IZH 350 1962, H-D Sportster Hugger 1992, AOMCC Member 133
Nige W

Post by Nige W »

Cheers. Much head scratching after fitting the pazon ignition as it wouldn't even fire. Finally worked out that the timing hole actually is set to tdc! After advancing 20° it eventually runs great.
Dennis.rose

Post by Dennis.rose »

Hi Nige, bike looks great, did the Pazon add any extra zip to the performance , or just better starting / reliability, cheers
Dennis
Nige W

Post by Nige W »

Hi Dennis. The Pazon transformed it (once I got it started - may need some fine adjustment). Whereas before I had arcing points, lack of power and a misfire under load, I now have a smooth bike which accelerates crisply. Cheers, Nigel