on ebay now sq four

Anything about Ariels
brenton.roy
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by brenton.roy »

While I have said most of this stuff before, I'll go again.
I like the idea of names. It makes it personal and in mind, you are more responsible for what you say. People hide behind fake user names.
The point of this group - and most others - is to support people who want to know more about Ariels. The info isn't perfect, but it is genuine. It isn't a place to bring your issues or attitude - unless they are mechanical and good.
We just block posts that look like being a problem, and eventually users who persist in adding them. This benefits the majority of members who just want to know about Ariels.
Ebay is a public arena - If you write something there, people are going to read it, and if it is bagging something they value, friendly or not, they may be somewhat pissed. That isn't rocket science.
Want to move on and talk about Ariels or have the last word?
'51,'56 Squares, '48 VH, '27 Model C, R67/2, Mk IV Le Mans, '06 Super Duke and Ariel projects.
p tuxworth

Re: on ebay now 330685120149 sq four

Post by p tuxworth »

Could not agree more , and as for the poor club comment that is my own personal view /experience of the local branch ,I witnessed the reaction of this branch when a new member travelled some miles to attend the meeting , when he said what he was restoring a colt two of this branch walked off , their loss as hes a great person who will not be renewing his membership , unfortunately im not alone with this view and genuinely believe that by the end of this year this branch (meeting) may disappear which is a real shame with its location taken into consideration ,
the clubs reaction to this comment has some what boar this out as maybe a wider problem , this is something I have not experienced in any other clubs inc the panther club which I am a member , now I have said my piece what about Ariel’s would you like to talk about (I have a few )
john.nash

Re: on ebay now 330690908212 sq four

Post by john.nash »

Is this the same ultra-friendly Panther Owners club that told my mate Gavin that his 2-stroke panther ( if I remember rightly) wasn't a "real" panther and he shouldn't join ?? Needless to say, he didn't, but I can remember his summing up of the whole affair (made at a later date) :D

Mind you, I got pretty much the same on my 50 year old russian outfit with the VMCC. Apparantly, it's not a proper old bike :D

Is it the same cranky old geezers in every old bike club, I wonder ??

If we have a "wider" problem then why join our forum ?
John Nash
AOMCC No.4119
''78 t140 bonneville, '77 BMW R80, '67 CJ750, 196-ish Ural M62 outfit, '51 VH500, '49 project Ariel , '47 VH twinport, '44 Ariel WNG, '42 indian 741b, '41 Ariel WNG and piles of rusty scrap ....
p tuxworth

Post by p tuxworth »

for information on the sq4 ? , no joy as yet , but i will keep trying , as for panthers which ever model they are all welcome , tell him to try again
Steven.Carter
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Re: on ebay now 330685120149 sq four

Post by Steven.Carter »

p tuxworth wrote:? the poor club comment ? does anyone attend the birmingham branch on a bike ? has anyone in the club attended any panther meets ?
HI
I have visited the Birmingham branch on a couple of occasions, and on my bike and a very warm welcome was received. I have met up with some of the lads at Ariel rallies since then, and it's always good fun to meet them.
Why not join the club, come on your bike and become one of the friendly faces for new members to meet.

Don't ask what the club can do for you but what you can do for your club.

Steve
andrew.chapman
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by andrew.chapman »

Right Steve. Now explain why you have never been to a Panther club meeting. We're waiting......
AndyC
http://www.foxwoodmotorcyclerandr.co.uk
BMW K1300GT 2009, BMW K1200RS 2002, Ariel VH 1954, Sunbeam S8 1952
Steven.Carter

Post by Steven.Carter »

andrew.chapman wrote:Right Steve. Now explain why you have never been to a Panther club meeting. We're waiting......
Call me stupid but aren't Panthers dangerous?
john.whiting

Post by john.whiting »

Too right.Mine crippled me in 1972,so I pulled it to bits,let it go rusty, and left it like that for near on thirty year.Regards John.
p tuxworth

Post by p tuxworth »

which model ? have you still got it ?
Knud.Degnbol
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Post by Knud.Degnbol »

If he want to be on his own, let him. I will.