on ebay now sq four

Anything about Ariels
p tuxworth

on ebay now sq four

Post by p tuxworth »

on ebay now sq four
Last edited by p tuxworth on Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Steve.Walko

Post by Steve.Walko »

E-bay is sure a strange place to seek guidance and info about an Ariel. I wonder if he tries to sell things on forums? ;)
p tuxworth

Re: on ebay now 330685120149 sq four

Post by p tuxworth »

will try any thing for info and more people on ebay than forum i guess , did get some info from someone who said they raced this bike ? (must be mad) but did know some mods which are on or with it , rev counter , polished rocker gear , wild cam (i think healy), and holes in things that should not have them in , but unwilling to help just wanted to buy , so still looking , now will try vintage race scean around the 60s maybe
admin
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by admin »

Nice of him to get in a dig about the AOMCC.
If I get a request for help, off him, into the AOMCC email box then I shall delete it.
p tuxworth

Post by p tuxworth »

? the poor club comment ? does anyone attend the birmingham branch on a bike ? has anyone in the club attended any panther meets ?
john.nash

Post by john.nash »

".. the ariel owners club in birmingham is very poor unlike the panther club.."

It wouldn't just be the local boys he'd be looking for help from though, would it ?
John Nash
AOMCC No.4119
''78 t140 bonneville, '77 BMW R80, '67 CJ750, 196-ish Ural M62 outfit, '51 VH500, '49 project Ariel , '47 VH twinport, '44 Ariel WNG, '42 indian 741b, '41 Ariel WNG and piles of rusty scrap ....
andrew.chapman
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by andrew.chapman »

In spite of the fact that the guy is an Ariel owner, there is just a small possibility that he is a complete arse. And a somewhat larger probability that he is at least a bit of an arse.
AndyC
http://www.foxwoodmotorcyclerandr.co.uk
BMW K1300GT 2009, BMW K1200RS 2002, Ariel VH 1954, Sunbeam S8 1952
p tuxworth

Post by p tuxworth »

i rest my case , yet another internet hard man and a club member, what more can i say
admin

Post by admin »

Ok.
Let's get this into perspective.

"roomviews" advertises his bike on EBAY in order to try and get information on it's history.
Another EBAY member advises him that "..If you are looking for help, it would be wiser to join the AOMCC, which is the most friendly and helpful club, you can imagine"
"roomviews" responds with..".. the ariel owners club in birmingham is very poor unlike the panther club.."

So, the ariel club (and it's members) in Birmingham are pretty poor, but the panther club (his club, I assume) is great ?
Thanks for that "roomviews" ...

As someone who maintains the AOMCC generic webmaster email box and receives a few emails, from non-members, on such things as
  1. looking for more information on bikes
  2. free valuations on stuff they want to sell
  3. name/address/telephone numbers of club officers so they can get cheap parts without joining :?
  4. PLUS the genuinely interesting stuff

then I usually decide which ones to spend my spare time on.
Having read "roomviews" opinion of some of my club, would I be justified in deciding NOT to spend my spare time helping him out ?
I guess that I'd also be thinking, just like Andrew, that he might be an arse ??

I can tell you that he's tried to join the forum a few times but won't play ball with the username policy (which I admit is draconian BUT it's the only way I can keep some element of control over the AOMCC forum sections). There have been a handful of people that have got fruity over this, in the year we've been operating, but they are a tiny, tiny minority. I am also aware that people still join under a nom de plume, as I cannot know everyone's real name, but I'd have to ask why ?
Now, what would you do now you know his opinion of some of us ? Bear in mind this is a forum that is paid for, hosted and maintained by the AOMCC for AOMCC members and others with Ariels.... give him access or not give him access ??

I am genuinely interested in people's thoughts ...
p tuxworth

Post by p tuxworth »

"the most friendly and helpful club, you can imagine" you have illustrated my point perfectly , thankyou