1934 RH carb issues

Anything about Ariels
4ndy.jones

1934 RH carb issues

Post by 4ndy.jones »

Good evening all, I have a 1934RH with an Amal 76A/1AT carb and I am having problems. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Bike has been running but developed a problem that sounded like fueling issues, the carb has been rebuilt and all seems well but when the petrol is on it seems to leak from the hole just in front of the idle mixture screw. Can anyone help as I am not sure why fuel would leak from there.

I have checked and everything looks ok carb wise, the plug is getting fuel and there is a spark and good compression and will occasionally fire up but very intermittently.
The fuel I guess is leaking from the idle area of the carb

Many thanks Andy
nevhunter
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Re: 1934 RH carb issues

Post by nevhunter »

Most likely your float is set too high. Fuel will leak from there in that situation. The needle and the seat may both be slightly worn. You can feel this on the tickler as it will contact the float almost instantly if it's higher than normal. Nev
4ndy.jones

Post by 4ndy.jones »

Hi Nev thanks for the reply, how is the float adjusted. This would make sense as it got stuck down a few weeks ago?
adrie.degraaff
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by adrie.degraaff »

Or the float is leaking, than there is petrol inside.
4ndy.jones

Post by 4ndy.jones »

Hi Nev thanks for the reply, how is the float adjusted. This would make sense as it got stuck down a few weeks ago?