S4 Mk1 frame

Singles, twins and fours.
Brian.Challinor
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

S4 Mk1 frame

Post by Brian.Challinor »

In the past my frame has been butchered by a chopper fiend. I intend to send it off to motoliner to have the frame corrected. If someone could supply me with photos of the top tubes i.e. from the steering head to the saddle bracket I would be grateful, the tank brackets on my frame have been hacked off , I intend to fabricate new ones but need some ideas of how they look. Also the tubes back from the steering head may have shortened to alter the rake angle, any measurements would be great so I could supply motorliner.
simon.holyfield
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Post by simon.holyfield »

If you are not in a hurry Brian, my Square is in bits at the moment. It is a '51 springer. Unfortunately I'm away at work for a few days and won't see it again until Sunday...

I can do you some photos and measurements when I get back. You could PM a reminder if I forget!
cheers

Simes

'51 Square Four,
'58 Huntmaster,
'42 W/NG,
'30 Model A
https://ariel-square-four.blogspot.com
Brian.Challinor
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Re: S4 Mk1 frame

Thanks Simon that will be a great help. Thanks
john.nash
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by john.nash »

I have a '52 plunger frame loose in the garage now, but it's off a KH500.

If it's the same sort of frame then pictures are easy.
John Nash
AOMCC No.4119
''78 t140 bonneville, '77 BMW R80, '67 CJ750, 196-ish Ural M62 outfit, '51 VH500, '49 project Ariel , '47 VH twinport, '44 Ariel WNG, '42 indian 741b, '41 Ariel WNG and piles of rusty scrap ....
ben.mitchell

Post by ben.mitchell »

Only a few years ago I had a MkI square four frame that had been 'chopped', I gave it to Denny Barber near Norwich and he got it back to reality again for me. Denny is on 01953 452422. I did give him a spare frame though and a set of engine plate plus crankcases to make sure that everything lined up.
Ben
Brian.Challinor
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

The frames going to Motoliner , the lads there say can sort it. I have now got all the correct measurements for the tubes that have been altered. When the frame returns, I will have to tackle the brackets that have been cut off, the front and rear tank brackets, the rear seat lugs and the regulator brackets are missing.