Thank you button

Post here for help with the forum
Jerry.Lunt

Thank you button

Post by Jerry.Lunt »

It would be good to have a "Thank you" button on each post so that we can say thanks for an answer without having to do a post which just says thanks, that no one else really wants to read.

Then we could each have a score for thanks given and received 8-)

Points makes Prizes :?:
john.nash
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Thank you button

Post by john.nash »

There are various mods (modifications) which can be run with the base software of this forum.

The problem is that they are often unsupported on the upgrades, which mean you either cannot use them, you have to modify them to work or you run them with possible issues.

I currently do not run any mods, as the last time I upgraded I lost the customised colours which I had spent hours figuring out !!!

If enough people want this, then of course I will look into it - please reply to this message with your thoughts ..
John Nash
AOMCC No.4119
''78 t140 bonneville, '77 BMW R80, '67 CJ750, 196-ish Ural M62 outfit, '51 VH500, '49 project Ariel , '47 VH twinport, '44 Ariel WNG, '42 indian 741b, '41 Ariel WNG and piles of rusty scrap ....
Eero.Korhonen

Post by Eero.Korhonen »

Hi,
I could use it. :)
Br, Eero
Ariel VH 1954, IZH 350 1962, H-D Sportster Hugger 1992, AOMCC Member 133
chris.shearwood
Holder of a Silver Anorak
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Post by chris.shearwood »

john.nash wrote:If enough people want this, then of course I will look into it - please reply to this message with your thoughts ..
Hi John,
In the five or six years since I joined this Forum I haven't felt the need yet for a thank you button. To me, a well written thank you note comes across as being more sincere than an emoticon. Also I feel you do more than enough good work for the club already - no need for us to add more to your workload.
Regards, Chris
1946 4G and 1951 VH
nevhunter
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Post by nevhunter »

If it was a straight out easy addition, (a like, agree thank you) would add something. I'm not particularly into emoticons myself and this forum is pretty co-operative and helpful. A bit of feedback might encourage more participation,by people who are a bit reluctant to venture amongst the alligators (ie experts).Just a photo can be so helpful (something I'm not good at) An opinion supported by a few others has more validity for people wanting info/advice. John does all the work If It presents an ongoing problem It's no big deal if we don't have the facility. You can type a response and the ones I have gotten I really appreciate.
Sorting out stuff is what we do best here. Nev
simon.holyfield

Post by simon.holyfield »

I'd say add a button if it's easy; but not at the expense of reducing the reliability of the forum or adding to the moderators workload.
cheers

Simes

'51 Square Four,
'58 Huntmaster,
'42 W/NG,
'30 Model A
https://ariel-square-four.blogspot.com
alan.moore

Post by alan.moore »

I would second that a quick written thankyou response is more personal than a thumbs up or other such emoticon and like Nev I appreciate a few kind words on the occasions where I have been able to help others out. I am not against a button if it does not impact on the ongoing reliability of the forum and is a quick fix to instantiate but wonder whether it would become the norm just to click it rather than leave a short thanks.
Cheers
Alan
1939 VH Redhunter;1942 RN WNG;1951 Triumph 6T Thunderbird;1970 BSA B175 Bantam;1986 Yamaha SRX600 single;1952 VHA engined project
http://cloggymoore.wix.com/triumph-pre-unit-6t