New Pixie (for me )

Bikes or not. Whatever
Jonathan Anderson

New Pixie (for me )

Post by Jonathan Anderson »

After a long break away from this forum and 2 different model Ariels later I am back and with a recently acquired Pixie ex Phil Green classic bikes in wales and now in sunny Newcastle Australia. It is now running but doing it a little rough and smoking. The import people ordered a second steam clean as the damaged in transit sump bolt leaked oil onto the container floor. The result being that the carburetor was full of water. fresh oil and a dose of WD40 got it going but I have had to clean the fuel system twice more. I have taken it to an all british display day locally and ,being quite rare drew a bit of interest. I intend to take it to the Australian Ariel Register rally in Clair valley South Australia next year.
I had to get a batch of kickstart springs made to get one for a replacement for my broken one, so I now have 9 spare springs available at cost plus postage for those interested.
I think I have dragged and dropped a Photo of the bike. I am sure I can learn how to do it if I have not been successful.
Regards for now,
Jon anderson
Gary.Durrant
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Re: New Pixie (for me )

Post by Gary.Durrant »

NSW to Adelaide on a Pixie? Better set off soon :lol:
AOMCC membership no. 4811
1957 VH
1975 Moto Morini 31/2
2021Royal Enfield Interceptor
leon.mitchell
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by leon.mitchell »

If you take the back way Jon, via Cobar, Wilcannia and Broken Hill, there is scope for record breaking. Total distance 1530km (about 1000 miles), and a couple of stretches of 200km of "nothing", I'm sure you'd score a bagful of Pixie records!! Just imagine, records that could stand forever...
Leon
Pixie journey
Pixie journey
Jonathan Anderson

Nice to see a little humour in your posts. I did say I was taking the pixie not riding it. We have been to Meninndie lakes via Wilcannia when we went to the Mannum rally with the Red Hunter in the back of the ute with caravan in tow. Had a bit of a gravel pit in the back from the dirt road stones bouncing off the front of the caravan. Luckily no stones hit the bike!
The pixie has taken to the background while I am enjoying my new Honda Grom. Looks like I will need to give the pixie tank a good clean as the in line filter has rubbish in it already from a 5 minute running of the engine. I had to expect a few teething problems, but apart from a bit of smoke all seems OK for now.
Windows 10 on this laptop is not co-operating with drag and drop for adding photos so i will try on the Windows 7 on our desktop and see where that gets me. I did not have any problems with the yahoo link to the Leader/Arrow forum. Why can't these computer nerds leave what works alone??
Safe riding,
Jon Anderson
Bob.Murphy
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by Bob.Murphy »

Jonathan Anderson wrote: Why can't these computer nerds leave what works alone?? Jon Anderson
Its constantly breaking it that keeps them in work ;) .

Bob.
(Retired IT Manager).
My avatar shows the late Len Rich in 1970 with the bike I now have - a 1958 Ariel VH
Jonathan Anderson

Thanks for noticing my frustration with things computer. We are still waiting for a "national broadband network" promised by the pollies 2 years ago , and we are a stones throw from a major university where we live.
Now that I have a larger box to type in and a few choices across the top I will have another go at adding a photograph.[img]
When I try to add a photo I get an error message"http error" so not sure how to overcome that one.
I will give up for now and send an ordinary email to the Australian Ariel Register Secretary and include a photo for him.
Regards and safe riding,
Jon Anderson