Ariel Spares for Sale - Last Update April 2022

admin
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Ariel Spares for Sale - Last Update April 2022

Post by admin »

** this thread/topic is managed by Pete Collings and will be updated by him. Please email Pete directly on petecariel@hotmail.co.uk **
** Prices for parts are included in the attached documents **

SPARES SALES STILL AVAILABLE, BUT MIGHT TAKE A BIT LONGER THAN USUAL TO ACTION

The lists below contain a selection of Ariel spares for sale. They are listed as in New or Very Good condition (NVG), or as in Used condition (U). The date of the last updateis shown. Please do look in the attached rtf files for prices/further details about the parts.

Where appropriate, the Ariel part number is supplied, with a brief description of the part. The part number is taken from my Ariel Motors parts lists, and is believed to be correct for the part specified. However, if you are uncertain or want more information, please contact me for additional details (and photo if appropriate). Please ensure the parts are suitable for your purposes before purchase, as exchange is not possible. The parts are listed alphabetically by description.

Email contact via petecariel@hotmail.co.uk Do not use the AOMCC forum private messaging service, due to the limited space available for messages (NB. I will always try to reply promptly to enquiries, but some service providers may block emails from hotmail addresses. If no reply, email again and I will use another provider to reply.)

Please be aware that I do not have additional parts beyond those listed, and although I will update the list as all the spares are catalogued or sold, I cannot provide a service to source those scarce spares you have been looking for over the last decade!
All items are priced, but do not include packaging and delivery charges. These will be provided for the part(s) ordered, please specify if faster delivery is required. Parts are despatched using the UK Post Office service, with a certificate of posting obtained on despatch. Delivery is at the risk of the purchaser. I am selling parts as a private individual, and thus all parts are priced and sold without any guarantee. The buyer accepts these conditions when ordering parts.

Payment must be in Pounds Sterling. Please note that I now accept Pay Pal, but as yet do not supply bank details, payment is by cash notes, money order or cheque drawn on a UK based bank. If paying by cheque, a few days are allowed for the banks to process the payment.
I will post items to Europe (EU members), but not other overseas destinations, and will limit the total weight of items sent to the maximum of airmail or surface mail sent by the UK postal service (currently 2Kg). Any import/delivery charges will be the responsibility of the purchaser.

The date that each list was last updated is shown, so check that any download is current.

LUCAS MO1/K2F MAGNETOS AND E3L DYNAMOS

I have some overhauled (but not fully reconditioned) dynamos, MO1magnetos and K2F magnetos, some magnetos spark and some do not, some complete and some partially complete, some suitable for Ariels and some for other makes, availability and price varies, so email for further details. If sparking, they have not been road tested, so do not fit and set off on a long trip before a test run! Due to the weight, I will only post to a UK address, unless the buyer makes arrangements for collection.

ARIEL SINGLE SPARES
LAST UPDATE 10.04.22

Engine sprocket 19T
Engine sprocket 20T
Magneto sprocket
VH piston +020 NOS

ARIEL HUNTMASTER SPARES
LAST UPDATE 23.08.21

Conrod bolt castellated nuts (2)
Crankshaft pinion
Dynamo strap one piece
Dynamo strap one piece (bare)
Oil pump drive worm
Piston (low compression, STD bore)
Piston ring set std
Piston rings loose
Piston rings for top land reclaim
Rocker arms inlet
Valves inlet (price is for each)
Valve guide set (4 off iron guides)
Valve guide

ARIEL CLUTCH & GEARBOX SPARES - All gearbox parts are for a GB gearbox (1952-59) unless otherwise stated
LAST UPDATE 23.08.21

Cam plunger
Clutch operating lever
Clutch spring plate
Clutch pushrod ball bearing
Drain plug
Foot change lever rubber
GB gears (each)
GB gears (NVG quality)
Gearchange spindle
Inner cover c/w speedo drive
Kickstart case cover locating piece
Kickstart shaft (bare)
Layshaft
Mainshaft nut kickstart end
Outer cover c/w clutch arm
Quadrant
Selector drum/Cam assembly
Sleeve gear bearing
Speedo drive assy

OTHER ARIEL SPARES - [FWH - Full Width Hub (1956-59), HWH - Half Width Hub (Pre 1956)]
LAST UPDATE 29.03.22

Arrow/Leader crankcase/barrel stud
Fork bottom bush pair c/w nuts
Fork shaft plugs (pair)
FWH abutment for brake cable (BSA type)
FWH brake cam
FWH brake arm
FWH brake wedge and peg (pair)
FWH brake shoe adjuster
FWH bell crank lever
FWH cable adjuster assy
HWH fork slider (non brake side)
Pivoting Kickstart arm top piece
Steering lock (no key)
Swinging arm bush spacer
Waterslide transfers (each)
Attachments
ArielSingleSpares.rtf
(5.66 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
ArielHuntmasterSpares.rtf
(12.81 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
ArielGearboxClutchSpares.rtf
(17.42 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
OtherArielSpares.rtf
(15.2 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
kevin michael

Re: Ariel Spares for Sale

Post by kevin michael »

hello ,would like the brake plate and brake wedge and pegs,these are listed on the,other ariel spares, part of the list, I have a 53 sq4, im not sure what the abbreviation fwh is and whether these are suitable, would you perhaps know if these would fit, cheers kevin m
pete.collings
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Post by pete.collings »

Hi Kevin I have emailed you separately, but for anyone else unsure FWH means full width hub, as fitted 1956-59, and HWH means half width hub, fitted prior to 1956.
pete.collings

Post by pete.collings »

I plan to be at the Annual rally on Friday and Saturday, so if you are going have a look at the lists (which are updated as parts arrive/are sold) to see if there is anything you need.
pete.collings

Re: Ariel Spares for Sale - Last Update September 2017

Post by pete.collings »

During the summer I purchased an alloy Ariel single and a lot of spares from the estate of a club member who passed away last year. I have in the subsequent months been sorting through the spares to decide what to keep as reserve spares for the purchased bike, what needs to be assembled/repaired/completed, and what is surplus to my needs. I have taken the spares to various autojumbles over the summer (including the annual rally at Lowestoft), but have now attempted to update my lists as above to reflect what is available. The late club member was into trials, so there are some HT parts in a new list, but as I don't have a lot of experience of HTs, please feel free to ask any questions about the listed parts. I now also have some more MO1 and K2F magnetos, some complete and some only partially complete, althougth not all the MO1s are to Ariel specification.

Do have a new look at the updated lists, there may be a few more parts to add as I continue to go through the parts to identify them and assess their condition. In general, they will be mostly for postwar swingarm bikes, although there are a few Plunger/Rigid bits.

Please feel free to email me with any questions about parts and availability, and I will try to help wherever possible.
Simonjones

Post by Simonjones »

Hi Pete. Can I have the GB gearbox spindle 3718-52 please if still available.
Cheers Simon
1950’s NH350 bitsa 1949 Triumph Speedtwin
pete.collings

Post by pete.collings »

Hi Simon. I can help, please contact me via the email at the top of this listing for further details.
Regards Pete
keith wainwright
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by keith wainwright »

Have you still got the fwh for sale if so would like it. Keith
pete.collings

Post by pete.collings »

Hi Keith. Some misunderstanding, I had only put the FWH and HWH as an explanation of the abbreviations, as someone had previously asked what they meant. I don't have any complete hubs, onlt the parts listed.
I have moved the explanation to the section header to hopefully make the meaning clearer.
RussellFernandes
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Re: Ariel Spares for Sale - Last Update February 2018

Post by RussellFernandes »

Hi Pete,

I've sent you a mail..

Please check