how late is your arrow

bob.keevil
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

how late is your arrow

Post by bob.keevil »

Hi
I have just got another arrow through J Ellis and it was first taxed 24/01/66. It seems to be about 300 before the end of the number run given in the book on British two strokes by Roy Bacon and I was wondering how many later ones were on the road.
Bob. K
Steven.Carter
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Re: how late is your arrow

Post by Steven.Carter »

I was waiting for an Arrow once by a certain bridge Bob, that was one very late :D sorry
Roger James
Holder of a Silver Anorak
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Post by Roger James »

Hi Bob, The highest number in the Factory Despatch Records is T35506H being a Arrow 200.
I don't have a late Arrow but I do have a very late production Leader supplied to Kent Police T35457B. (awaiting restoration).
I used to have a 200 Arrow that wasn't registered until 1968 but sold that to Ray Snowden, that's a name that will bring back memories to some older members.
I also have a very early Arrow T8780S that was first registered in December 1959. I put this back on the road last year but couldn't resist making a few changes, the colours are non standard 200 dummy tank blue replacing Light Admiralty Grey with Ford Bermuda blue and adding a more modern Handlebar fairing and a bit more chrome normally found on a Sports Arrow. Nothing done that cannot be changed back to a standard Arrow.
I've ridden it on track in Road Bike Parades at Mallory, Darley Moor and Donington, Great fun. Roger
Attachments
59 Arrow at Darley Moor
59 Arrow at Darley Moor
cbcanham@gmail.com

Post by cbcanham@gmail.com »

I am now well in restoring my Super Sports Arrow ,From the dating certificate it has the highest production number and was despatched from the factory 28th April 1965. It is only 52 numbers from the last Aerial to be built.
It was despatched to a dealer M.W COOK , New Milton Hampshire. If any one has any old photos of the shop or any other information I could have to add to the bikes portfolio I would be most grateful.

Thanks Colin
bob.keevil
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by bob.keevil »

hi
Thanks for the info maybe I should get a dating certificate, can I get one from the AOMMC and at what cost.
cheers Bob k.
bruce.carrad

Post by bruce.carrad »

Colin should write "Ariel" 100 times.
cbcanham@gmail.com

Post by cbcanham@gmail.com »

I am very sorry about my spelling , I can only blame it on the predictive text on my phone, I should have however read before I posted so will do my lines this evening.

In respect of the dating certificate the cost from Draganfly to best of my knowledge is £11.00 + vat.

Colin
bob.keevil
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by bob.keevil »

Hi Today I spoke to a very wise man about arrow and leader dating his name is Keith Harding who is on the arrow and leader group website and he was able to tell me the build date of my late registered arrow. Built in Sept/64 only first taxed in Jan/66.right in the big push from the land of the rising sun .
Cheers Bob k