Wanted WNG Frame and Forks.

Parts needed or for sale, which are unique to the W/NG.
Suppliers of unique Ariel parts.
Steve.k

Wanted WNG Frame and Forks.

Post by Steve.k »

Just purchased a basket case wng with the incorrect forks and a frame with some very dodgy repairs to the rear end, has anybody out there got a set of 18" girders and a good condition frame for sale? Thanks Steve
wade.edwards
Holder of a Silver Anorak
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Re: Wanted WNG Frame and Forks.

Post by wade.edwards »

Steve,
If you live in the UK, there are engineers who can repair that frame. The cost of buying another frame will be expensive. No one is giving them away these days.
If it came with a set of Ariel forks you will have little trouble trading within the Club. Once again, availability is the problem. Members are far more likely to trade rather than sell outright. It is just too difficult to replace what we have.

Congrats on the basket case!

Wade
Steve.k

Post by Steve.k »

Thanks for the reply Wade I have had a quote of £750.00 to repair the frame any idea if that is comparable to a replacement if I could find one? I am going to post some images of the forks to see if anybody can tell me what they are off they are a girder but not wng shorter and with different fittings.
Cheers for the help Steve
simon.holyfield
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Post by simon.holyfield »

Steve.k wrote:Just purchased a basket case wng with the incorrect forks and a frame with some very dodgy repairs to the rear end, has anybody out there got a set of 18" girders and a good condition frame for sale? Thanks Steve
Is this the one from Italy, that was on Car & Classic?
cheers

Simes

'51 Square Four,
'58 Huntmaster,
'42 W/NG,
'30 Model A
https://ariel-square-four.blogspot.com
Steve.k

Post by Steve.k »

Yep that's the one Simon usual basket case though lot's of good bits and a few dodgy bits should have learnt by now but can't help myself lol!
simon.holyfield

Post by simon.holyfield »

I have a load of pictures that I asked the vendor to take for me. Send me an email address if they are any use to you.
cheers

Simes

'51 Square Four,
'58 Huntmaster,
'42 W/NG,
'30 Model A
https://ariel-square-four.blogspot.com
Vincent.vanGinneke

Post by Vincent.vanGinneke »

Hi Steve,
An Ariel friend of mine (Herminator) has a good WNG frame available for
sale in the near future.
So, just wait a moment longer before committing to a rather expensive repair job.
He himself will answer soon, but as a newbie he is waiting for admission
to this forum.
Steve.k

Post by Steve.k »

Hi Simon it would be interesting to see what you have if you could send them please I will put my email at the end of this post,

Hi Vincent that would be great if you could put your friend in touch I am certainly interested where does he live?

My email is as follows skershaws@yahoo.co.uk and my mobile number is 07986976985.

Many thanks for your help and advice gents I will be posting some pictures if the forks shortly to see if someone can identify them for me I am hoping they will be of use to someone if I cannot use them they are about an inch shorter than wng forks so I am not sure the bike would look right dipping down at the front.
Cheers Steve
Vincent.vanGinneke

Post by Vincent.vanGinneke »

Consider any Ariel girder fork now as a rarety to get hold of.
If you have one, your in luck.
One inch shorter should not be a big problem, just fit a bigger front wheel to get level.
I had a W/NG fork retubed recently at a cost of 800,- Euro, but the job was very well done.
I'll keep you posted about the frame.
nevhunter

Post by nevhunter »

The W/NG frame is a high ground clearence version. There is a down bend in the rear frame tubes (under the seat) One of the ways you pick the frame. Most trials type bikes of the period ran a 21 inch front wheel which would make the standard forks very appropriate, with the higher frame. Some people report the WNG as better off road than on. I've done a lot of riding on mine lately and no sign of instability is evidenced due to the extra height. Nev