Ignition

DavidTetley

Ignition

Post by DavidTetley »

Hi all,

I'm struggling to get my Arrow going, The engine has been rebuilt. It came with a Draganfly electronic ignition like this

I've roughly set it and the bike fires up, but only runs on the near side cylinder. Both plugs are sparking and I've tried swopping the plugs/leads over but the problem persists with the offside cylinder not running.

Has anyone else used this system? The battery is wired up 6v positive earth which I presume is correct?
bh.sprint
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Re: Ignition

Post by bh.sprint »

Hello David,

I don't have experience of the system you have but have Boyer and Pazon ignition systems on my bikes.

They have a wasted spark but the picture of the stator plate on yours has only one coil so may have one spark per rev for each cylinder.
If the cylinder on one side works and there are sparks on the other it tends to point to a mechanical problem - is the crank on one side of the engine at 180 degrees to the other side. One some engines the key which locates the flywheel assemblies together can slip allowing the flywheels to be out , which then alters the timing. This can be checked by having a gauge in the plug hole and relating this to the flywheel.

Also is the compression OK on the off-side cylinder.
The bikes are normally wired to be positive earth.

Brian H.