Job lot engines and vh 500

chaz.wheeler
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Job lot engines and vh 500

Post by chaz.wheeler »

Sorry to say its come to this after 2 square 4 motor rebuilds , not getting time to ride any bikes, running the bike shop, working in engineering and recent bike accident has left me with low shoulder and neck strength and a loss of enthusiasm.
I have the VH500 : this was at the back of a workshop that caught fire. paint has bubbled and plastics melted and glass cracked. The engine was out due to being over revved by previous owners deaf son riding it. I knew the bike for 8 years and owner had 3 VH's and a square 4 as well as a couple of BSA's . Ive got the V5 in my name, the motor was part dismantled so a few internals or fastners may be missing, although there is a spare pair of crankcases, gearbox is in frame.
then comes the the rest, there is a square 4 bottom end, all running free but will need stripping.
there is also another pair of cases that have been fitted with new crank bushes but I cant remember if the cranks included were the intended ones to be fitted as I was getting bits done for myself while doing another rebuild. the rest is parts for work. spare cranks, balance weights, old cams, a dozen old pistons, 8 used con rods 4 new billet con rods 2 BSA style oil pumps, set of barrels, 2 heads, pair exhaust manifolds, inlet manifold, Solex carb, 2 distributors , 11 coupling gears, 4 tall rocker covers , 2 short, 1 distributor mount casting,KD1 and K2F mags, a mag dyno, tray full of small internal parts and new made nuts, primary casings, long and halves.
new cam oiler kit, duplex chain, 2pairs -.010 crank bushes, new pushrods, dynotec dtr100 and dynamo volt reg plus other numerous parts. in all probably enough to build another motor as well as finishing off the half motor .
in addition there is a box of Clutch baskets, centres, plates and covers unknown what bike from you will have fun.
then there is a box of what I think are Burman gearbox internals, another box of bagged and numbered Burman internals.
rounding it all off are TWO complete Burman gearboxes.
Ive probably missed something, I thought there were a few more castings. obviously a van will be needed to take away , Im not going to split anything off, I cant list on ebay, there are pictures available not individual parts , would prefer to go to someone who is going to rebuild not break which is why its only advertised on the forum. I know Im going to ask a lot but there is a lot here for someone , who knows a couple of SQ4 motors means an interesting project or two Ive followed a few threads on the forum.
anyway, Asking £4000 all in , Im in Melksham but parts are in my unit locally ideally would like gone this weekend before I get a chance to change my mind!! mobile 07717337235 or pm me for email address.
obviously potential new owners would like to view, Its cash on collection only please , being sold as a job lot as the VH chassis/ motor may be needing a few parts from the rest, so unless a couple of good friends/members can agree best to go to one person.
thanks for letting me take up your valuable time!!
Vincent.vanGinneke
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Re: Job lot engines and vh 500

Post by Vincent.vanGinneke »

Hello Chaz, would be handy for interested partys to know what year the VH is and what type / year the SQ4 bits.

succes.
chaz.wheeler
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Re: Job lot engines and vh 500

Post by chaz.wheeler »

currently reserved thanks