My HT

steve skelton

Re: My HT

Post by steve skelton »

another thought ,which may be of help to others.....as the swing arm spindle is prone to seizing,people chop the end of the bush housing off to replace the bushes,then...they weld it back on,but not in the correct position so the rear forks
are out of line,as is the wheel also.
Dave.Thomas
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Re: My HT

Post by Dave.Thomas »

Hi chaps,
thanks for the suggestions but I think its just had a fall at some stage. The rear brake pivot is quite twisted back and I tweaked the pedal in a little to correct this. I would have bent the pivot itself, but as it was a temporary repair, I didnt want to chance that the pivot weakened further and broke off. I rebuilt the wheels to the same offset that I found them, but the guy who originally rebuilt it has been on HT`s since they came out, and did a few `SSDT`s` on Ariels.The forks have scruiteneering paint from the Scottish and the number 88 in it, research suggests though that the forks were off a friends bike and is from `56 .It will get stripped at some stage, but it rides fine even with the offset, and hands off the bars doesnt make it go one way or the other