Did you ride out Christmas Day on your Leader or Arro

Roger James
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Did you ride out Christmas Day on your Leader or Arro

Post by Roger James »

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all had a very good Christmas Day, I certainly did, with my wife at work today I went out for a ride on the Sports Arrow Special this morning then upon returning home went straight out on the Black/White Arrow special pulling in a visit to Matlock Bath, Derbyshire that is usually packed with motorcycles during the Summer months and bank holidays but not today the place was practically deserted with just two motorcycles parked up.
Never mind I enjoyed the ride out on both machines, flying the flag for the little Arrow....

Stopped off at the same spot on the way back to take a photograph of the Arrows...

Did anyone else get out for a ride today?

Roger
Attachments
Black/White Arrow  sp Christmas day ride
Black/White Arrow sp Christmas day ride
Sp Arrow special Christmas day ride
Sp Arrow special Christmas day ride
Steven.Carter
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Post by Steven.Carter »

Just a short run to see a few friends Rodger. Beautiful day though. There's a couple of local classic vehicle meets tomorrow so I might give them a look.

Steve
colinmnorfolk

Re: Did you ride out Christmas Day on your Leader or Arro

Post by colinmnorfolk »

Hi Roger,
Love your black and white Arrow as I have one, a 1963 model. It's my fourth Arrow in 50 years and my best....and I love the colours, especially with extra chrome such as toolbox lid, fork covers and handrails etc. My previous Arrow was repainted as an ubiquitous "Golden Arrow" and I always felt this was a bit pretentious, as like Rocket Gold Stars there are more in existence now than were ever built !!!

I have had quite a few classic bikes over the last 18 years from Norton Atlas to NH 350 but can honestly say the most riding fun has been on my Arrows ! OK it cannot accelerate to keep up with modern family hatchbacks but on the local B roads in Norfolk where I live it is second to none . So much so that when I recently sold my 1965 Triumph TR6 to fund the purchase of an M.G.B. I was quite happy to complete the deal in the knowledge I could still enjoy the thrill of country lane biking on my Arrow.
Apart from that it is also easier to manhandle in and out of my garage.

Regards, Colin M.
bob.keevil
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by bob.keevil »

Hi Roger,

You lucky man!! Petersfield was heavily salted so no go. Nice Arrow, hope to see you both at Club sometime. We need smokers!

Cheers,
Bob
Roger James

Post by Roger James »

Darley Moor PR5 Parade session
Darley Moor PR5 Parade session
Hi Roger.
The Black/White Arrow was put together with the chrome bits, rear sets and Ace bars to give it a bit of an update, something Ariel could and perhaps should have done to supplement the model range, I'm sure such a machine would have appealed to teenagers of the day, its not all cosmetic though, the engine crankcase and barrels have had some tuning work carried out fitted with a larger 1 1/8 Amal carb with 460 main jet, the rear sprocket has been upped to 50T that just fits into the standard rear chaincase so it has a bit of extra zip and acceleration, it will keep up with modern hatchbacks on A roads. The Arrow has been ridden on track too, namely Darley Moor, Donington, Mallory and Cadwell Park in PR5 Road Bike parade sessions, great fun.
Attachments
Mallory Park 2013 Road Bike track session
Mallory Park 2013 Road Bike track session