Father in law's Red Hunter Reg: 529 HPG

Who has my old bike ? What was this bike? Pictures of your old bikes etc
Simon.fielder

Father in law's Red Hunter Reg: 529 HPG

Post by Simon.fielder »

Hi all,
I am hoping someone somewhere has the red hunter once owned by my father inlaw during the '60s. The Reg number is above. If you do have information or the bike itself I would love to hear from you.

Regards and thanks.

Simon.
admin
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Father in law's Red Hunter Reg: 529 HPG

Post by admin »

Did you put it through the DVLA search (first sticky post above)
The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for 529 HPG are:

Date of Liability 01 07 1982
Date of First Registration 08 12 1958
Year of Manufacture Not Available
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 500CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour RED
Vehicle Type Approval

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £29.15
12 Months Rate £53.00
Looks like it's been stuck is someone's shed since 1982 .......
pete.collings
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Post by pete.collings »

I owned 529 HPG from 1972 to the late 70's, when it was sold to someone in Swansea (via a friend who lived there), who eventually replaced the 350 motor with a iron 500 motor. I'm not sure who now owns it.
I had brought the bike from a friend in Cardiff, who had exchanged a Honda C72 for it, the owner riding the bike from the south east up to Cardiff. I think this was in 1969, although I cannot be sure of the date.
I did a lot of miles on the bike, and it was the first really reliable Ariel I owned, although I did later convert my VH into a Huntmaster in 1976, as I found the 350 nice but a bit underpowered for long distance travel. I visited my first AOMCC annual rally at Caddington on 529 HPG in 1972. I may still have some photos of the bike, I will have a look and see what I have.
Simon.fielder

Post by Simon.fielder »

Thanks for the suggestion, I did indeed take a look.on the DVLA search page and saw the info, but wondered if more info of it's whereabouts could ascertained.
As Pete has shown...

admin wrote:Did you put it through the DVLA search (first sticky post above)
The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for 529 HPG are:

Date of Liability 01 07 1982
Date of First Registration 08 12 1958
Year of Manufacture Not Available
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 500CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour RED
Vehicle Type Approval

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £29.15
12 Months Rate £53.00
Looks like it's been stuck is someone's shed since 1982 .......
Simon.fielder

Post by Simon.fielder »

pete.collings wrote:I owned 529 HPG from 1972 to the late 70's, when it was sold to someone in Swansea (via a friend who lived there), who eventually replaced the 350 motor with a iron 500 motor. I'm not sure who now owns it.
I had brought the bike from a friend in Cardiff, who had exchanged a Honda C72 for it, the owner riding the bike from the south east up to Cardiff. I think this was in 1969, although I cannot be sure of the date.
I did a lot of miles on the bike, and it was the first really reliable Ariel I owned, although I did later convert my VH into a Huntmaster in 1976, as I found the 350 nice but a bit underpowered for long distance travel. I visited my first AOMCC annual rally at Caddington on 529 HPG in 1972. I may still have some photos of the bike, I will have a look and see what I have.
Thanks Pete for filling in some blanks about what happened to the bike. Glad you had some great times with her in your time as owner. The father inlaw at the time lived in Bexhill near Hastings. Sounds like it made the journey up to Wales not long after he sold the bike. I had seen the larger engine noted on the DVLA website and thought it must have had a change as it wasn't as sold. Sad that it is not on the road, but would love to see some pics if you have them. I hope that if anyone else has some info they will let us know..

Many thanks for the info and help.

Simon.
pete.collings

Post by pete.collings »

Having searched through all my old photos, I have virtually nothing on 529HPG, although I have many pics of my other bikes. I think I brought a decent camera around 1977/8 when I started working, and must have sold 529 on or before then.
The only thing I can trace is a pic taken at the 1972 AOMCC annual rally at Caddington, the first time I had been there on an Ariel. You can just about make out the reg no on the front numberplate, the alloy mudguards were later replaced with the correct ones.
529HPGPic3.JPG
529HPGPic3.JPG (23.85 KiB) Viewed 4387 times
Simon.fielder

Post by Simon.fielder »

pete.collings wrote:Having searched through all my old photos, I have virtually nothing on 529HPG, although I have many pics of my other bikes. I think I brought a decent camera around 1977/8 when I started working, and must have sold 529 on or before then.
The only thing I can trace is a pic taken at the 1972 AOMCC annual rally at Caddington, the first time I had been there on an Ariel. You can just about make out the reg no on the front numberplate, the alloy mudguards were later replaced with the correct ones.
529HPGPic3.JPG

Many many thanks for looking, seems you have good taste in bikes! Since my last post I found a pic of a similar bike at a show just as it was when the father inlay owned it. not his but close enough! I am so excited to see this pic as I am sure he will be. I really appreciate the effort you have gone to to find a pic of the bike.

Regards.

Simon
www.sounds-and-images.co.uk