DY4595

Who has my old bike ? What was this bike? Pictures of your old bikes etc
admin
Holder of a Golden Anorak

DY4595

Post by admin »

received this in the email.
Looks like a 1927 .. the club doesn't track registrations and he doesn't have the frame/engine number ..

anyone ?

I am trying to trace the owners from the mid-30s of an Ariel motorcycle first registered June 1927. I believe, from the rather grainy photo I have (attached) that it is a Model B. We are trying to identify the gent in the picture as we understand he is the father of my adopted father-in-law. From his dress and other photos from the same period, we believe the photo dates from the mid-30s and may be either in South Wales or Sussex.

I do not believe the vehicle is still registered as there doesn't seem to be any record at the DVLA. The Kithead Trust were able to provide details of the original registration but only hold the allocation record. I have approached the Filching Manor Motor Museum but they have not, to date, been able to assist. Would any of your club records or members be able to assist in identifying this bike?

Thanking you in anticipation

Regards,

Mike Westley
mwestley539@gmail.com

Re: DY4595

Post by adrie.degraaff »

I would say 1927 E but it has a lot of work done to it and not ready to ride, it has differend mudguards on a 10 year old motorcycle ? so could it be a 1940 -45 show picture?
It is looking like a unfinished barak, in that case the man can be a war refuge like many of ower village of wich we know are children walking around in England.

Looking at the fungus where the buckets are is the watertap-pump.
It's a halfstone building with unfinished plaster.
Attachments
Bijzonderheden 1927 supersportmodel.jpg
Bijzonderheden 1927 supersportmodel.jpg (25.69 KiB) Viewed 1637 times