leader

robbiechaps

leader

Post by robbiechaps »

hello every one my first post I have just purchased a 1960 leader in a not to good condition !! and I am thinking of making it into a café racer style bike,and would appreciate any help regarding the petrol tank that sits on top of the beam frame/how or where I can get one if at all?? this is my third ariel I have had so as to keep me out of trouble in my retirement regards to all robb. (hope some one can help me with this item)
bh.sprint
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Re: leader

Post by bh.sprint »

Hello,

Most of the seat/tank combined items I have seen are either damaged or never did fit very well. Keith had one on his Arrow at the Stafford show and that one fitted well and looked very good. I've tried to copy a picture of it but it will not transfer but you should be able to see his show pictures with the Arrow on the Yahoo Arrowandleader group site.

Brian. H. My take on the altered Arrow is attached.
Attachments
DSC02290.JPG
robbiechaps

Re: leader/cafe racer.

Post by robbiechaps »

lovely looking bike hope my one will be that good! ill have to go to some bike jumbles to see if I can pick a race tank/seat,even if it damaged I would put it on the bike for looks and retain the standard tank for fuel .if tou know of anyone how has one to sell/swap ! once I have got one I will let the steel panels+bodywork go of my leader;;
bh.sprint

Re: leader

Post by bh.sprint »

Hi,

Try asking on the arrowandleaders yahoo site, one or two people are building specials and they may have or know where to get one of the fibre tank/seat units - originally sold by Pride and Clarke, I think in the sixties.

Regards Brian.H.