Arrow project

MarkGiblin

Post by MarkGiblin »

I posted this on the yahoo group to see if anyone knew the bike as I liked the tank. Didnt find out anything but maybe one of you lot know?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/ ... %5B/IMG%5D

Mark
MarkGiblin

Re:

Post by MarkGiblin »

I had a good chat with Gerry Cain today, we started off talking about his tank and seat unit and moved on to more mechanical topics. Picked up some very useful information that will no doubt save me money and frustration when trying to use race bike tech on a road bike.

Thanks again Gerry for taking time out to share some of your knowledge with me.

Mark
adrie.degraaff
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Arrow project

Post by adrie.degraaff »

I am watching they 2 stroke racing items with an eye of an ex 2 stroke racer, now when is some one building an Arrow racer like Meyer with 2 rotating disc valves, the timing is 75 to 180 and the disc 0.4 mm thick connecting to an hexagon.
I will help the man building.
MarkGiblin

Post by MarkGiblin »

I would love to but I wouldnt know where to start.

Mark
adrie.degraaff

Post by adrie.degraaff »

If I live long enough I will do it for you.
adrie.degraaff

Post by adrie.degraaff »

MarkGiblin wrote:I wouldnt know where to start.
Start with making bronse discs on either side of the conrods bedded (pressed) in to a casing in the wall, making your conrod life going from 12000 to 18000 revs.

I had to dig deep, here a unused plate and a used disc, the disc goes on hexagon nuth and bolt material, I used 24 mm pressed on the downsized crank but you'll have to adapt to the leftside of the crank, the disc has strengtening rings riveted on both sides, filed to the same hexagon size as the springsteel disc.

Your (small) dubbelsided seal will go in this outerdeck wich on his turn will fit the innerdeck with 0,5 mm differends so the disc having 0,1 play.

When all done close the inlet on the inside by glueing in a piece of alu, than make a 5 x 20 mm third port from crankcase to port level blowing up in stroke direction.

Make an oval exhaust port up to (starting with 1/3 stroke).
Attachments
roterend 001.JPG
roterend 002.JPG
roterend 003.JPG
MarkGiblin

Post by MarkGiblin »

Sorry for the lack of updates but life and work keeps getting in the way and to be honest there has been little to report! I did however have a bit of good luck on the alloy cylinder front, before going to bed last night I was trawling eBay and found a pair, messaged the seller who replied straight away and turned out to be only about 15 miles away! I popped over to see him today and the deal was done. They appear to have either never been used or had a re sleeve at some point because there is no sign of them ever being run. I spotted before buying them that one was stamped Ron so they are obviously Fahron but what I didn't notice until getting them home is that the other is stamped Dad so I think they are quite old, although Ron may have updated his technique on later versions I like the historical father and son link. I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow and post them for comment.

Cheers,
Mark