Ariel Arrow mains and seals

garryeyles

Post by garryeyles »

Hi Brian,

Sometimes my Yahoo account bounces emails and I have no idea why? I have only just acquired the Arrow and as yet have not made contact with any other Australian owners. Regarding the special tools, I can make most of them myself, probably even the plate and pin providing I had dimensions for the pin in particular as it appears to shave a flat cut into the end? Having a PayPal account attached to your site is a bonus. Once again thanks for you assistance.

Regards
Garry
bh.sprint
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Re: Ariel Arrow mains and seals

Post by bh.sprint »

Hello Garry,

The postage on the plate and pin are ---- £18-95 air mail and around £ 12 -00 for the surface mail. Its a lot of money if you can make things yourself.

I can give you the dimensions for the pin , the ones for the plate will take a bit longer, I now have a jig for drilling the holes which saves a lot of time , so I do not have the dimensions to hand.

The pin is 1 inch diameter and 4 inches long , the end section where the cut off section is , is reduced a bit around 10 thou (.010) to aid location into the flywheel holes. The cut off section is 1.312 inches long and approx .187 deep measured from the edge . Its there to allow the pin to clear the big end.

Regards Brian.H.
garryeyles

Post by garryeyles »

Hi Brian,

I think the option using surface mail will be OK. I may be able to get others locally to chip in. So yes I would like to order the plate and pin. Please let me know how I can facilitate payment through Paypal.

Thanks
Garry