Please explain...

Post here for help with the forum
barry.swanson
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Please explain...

Post by barry.swanson »

Dear admin, I just tried to upload a link to an Ebay ad (first time) but little red words appeared saying "the extension eml is not allowed, what did i do wrong?
brenton.roy
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by brenton.roy »

Hi Barry, the last 3 letters after the dot say what kind of file you have - .txt is a text file etc.
.eml is an email file, so I think you had 'cut' the wrong link before 'paste'. An easy mistake.
With eBay, you can either cut and paste the whole link : http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ADULTS-SHAUN ... c87&_uhb=1
Or just use the number 200892119905. :D
'51,'56 Squares, '48 VH, '27 Model C, R67/2, Mk IV Le Mans, '06 Super Duke and Ariel projects.
barry.swanson
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Re:

Post by barry.swanson »

brenton.roy wrote:......
With eBay, you can either cut and paste the whole link : http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ADULTS-SHAUN ... c87&_uhb=1
Or just use the number 200892119905. :D
...thanks (???) Brento, ...hope noone else looks at that link... think its Irish anyway!
brenton.roy

Post by brenton.roy »

You can guarantee no one will look now!
It is only there for the illustrative purposes.. :lol:

Are you able to get the link to work in your post Barry?
What I would like to now how to do is embed a video. Anyone know how?
'51,'56 Squares, '48 VH, '27 Model C, R67/2, Mk IV Le Mans, '06 Super Duke and Ariel projects.
Eero.Korhonen

Re: Please explain...

Post by Eero.Korhonen »

Oops, I did open that, my eyes.... :shock:
-Eero
Ariel VH 1954, IZH 350 1962, H-D Sportster Hugger 1992, AOMCC Member 133
barry.swanson
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by barry.swanson »

[quote="Eero.Korhonen"]Oops, I did open that, my eyes.... :shock:
-Eero[/q
...please Ero, no sheep jokes ! ...I don't know any Finnish jokes to get back at you with... :idea: maybe I could ask one of my Swedish relatives?
barry.swanson
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by barry.swanson »

...no joy with the link Brenton, The way I post photos here may not be the same way as most (thats asking for it again) , I email the pic to myself from our Adobe photo shop, then click on file, then file attachments into my docs. then come to the forum and download the pic from my my docs...haven't figured out the cut and paste proceedure you spoke of yet...I'll have another go another day.
Eero.Korhonen

Post by Eero.Korhonen »

barry.swanson wrote:
Eero.Korhonen wrote:Oops, I did open that, my eyes.... :shock:
-Eero[/q
...please Ero, no sheep jokes ! ...I don't know any Finnish jokes to get back at you with... :idea: maybe I could ask one of my Swedish relatives?
I don't know any sheep jokes. Please don't ask from Sweden, those jokes don't work here.
Most of Finnish jokes start with, there was some man and bottle of liquor and then..... :D
-Eero
Ariel VH 1954, IZH 350 1962, H-D Sportster Hugger 1992, AOMCC Member 133
barry.swanson
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by barry.swanson »

:D
brenton.roy

Post by brenton.roy »

Hi Barry,
If you are using photoshop, it could be that it is trying to save in it's own format (.psd). It does this by default. The forum software isn't smart enough to recognise .psd..
When you save in Photoshop, go to save as and get the save screen up. look where you type in the file name. Under "file name" there is "format". If you play around with the format button, you"ll find you have a number of choices including JPG or jpeg. This file type is the easiest for the forum, although others do work.

To cut and paste an eBay address, just highlight the address text like you would in Word or the word processor you use. Left click, and drag to highlight. Right click, cut and then right click, paste into the forum page. You can sometimes run into a problem if the link is really long and so you don't start at the beginning. You end up only cutting out part of the address.
When you paste the link into the forum text box, it doesn't look like a link; more just text. It'll sort out when you press submit.
If you stuff up a post, you call ways press the delete button above and to the right of the text box.
If you put the eBay number into google or into the search box at the top of the eBay page, it will go direct to the auction.