Huntmaster in a thousand bits

Bikes or not. Whatever
paulhvtr

Huntmaster in a thousand bits

Post by paulhvtr »

Hi All,

I now have the Huntmaster in a thousand bits( well seems like it)

Progress so far.

I. Tin Bits Sodablasted and ready for paint. The Toolbox looks past it.

2. Rims at Chroming. Two companies were at £240 each. Found a company £70 each. Now I am Engineer and you gets whats you pay for. So I will keep you posted.

3. Rims at Sodablaster and being polished.

4. Frame off to Blaster and Powder coater.

5. Engine still in big big.

I made the trip to Stafford. The Ariel stand was busy. But nice display especially well used Sq4. Only one early Huntmaster on show so a couple of pics for ref.

Found a centre stand. The Burgess Airbox were too steep at £120 each.

It seems I have a HCS engine FHS export. But not a Cyclone. Should be Cherokee red. There are clues everywhere. Any one know which bits are Black or is it Red everywhere. Cannot find a picture for lover nor money. Any help appreciated

Thanks Paul
simon.holyfield
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Post by simon.holyfield »

Where are you Paul? I'm always interested in platers & painters!
cheers

Simes

'51 Square Four,
'58 Huntmaster,
'42 W/NG,
'30 Model A
https://ariel-square-four.blogspot.com
Steven.Carter

Post by Steven.Carter »

Hi Paul this my cyclone, the tool box is also red. I think that your bike would have had both mudguards red also.

Steve
stu.sharratt

Post by stu.sharratt »

Hi Paul
Keep up the good work, I'm halfway through rebuilding my '51 VH, mine's been in boxes for nearly 20 yrs!
I've always kidded myself it's not in too bad shape, but when it actually comes to recommisioning parts,that's when reality strikes!
I thought Stafford was a bit of a dead loss, from my point of view anyway,I had a long list of used parts, found none & the only thing I brought home was a piece of steel plate I found on the grass verge!
I was a bit shocked at some of the prices being asked on Ariel spares stall, I overheard £180 for a well used 1 piece rear mudguard, partly because thats on my list, bugger!
jim.haydock

Post by jim.haydock »

Paul,

I'm interested in your conclusion that the bike you have is not a Cyclone and wonder if you have read the What is a Cyclone article in the Knowledgebase section of the AOMCC Website? If you've not already come across this article I think you may be surprised, especially by Roger Gwynne's conclusions following his research into the dispatch books.

Jim Haydock
john.mitchell
Holder of a Silver Anorak
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Post by john.mitchell »

Hi Jim.
One of my hobby horses. As a member of 27 years standing why don't you admit it to our web master? Then you could have your name in a nice shade of crimson. Not only that but the rest of us would all know that you are an AOMCC member. It would also stop me wondering why one apparent non-member suggests that another apparent non member uses the club Knowledgebase. Of course Stu is a member too...
Seriously though, if all members would ensure that John Nash is aware they are in the AOMCC it would help John and the rest of the committee to evaluate the website as a service to the club and also make decisions based on the no. of members who have internet access.

By the way, Jim, I loved your legal jokes!
John Mitchell
Ex Editor Cheval de Fer (1998-2021)
john.nash
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Huntmaster in a thousand bits

Post by john.nash »

as if by magic their names are red and they can see the additional forums ... :D
John Nash
AOMCC No.4119
''78 t140 bonneville, '77 BMW R80, '67 CJ750, 196-ish Ural M62 outfit, '51 VH500, '49 project Ariel , '47 VH twinport, '44 Ariel WNG, '42 indian 741b, '41 Ariel WNG and piles of rusty scrap ....
paulhvtr

Post by paulhvtr »

Hi Stu, I am in Swadlincote so not to far from you. hope to see you thumping around on the old girl soon. I only found one stall with Ariel bits on and his prices were a bit rich for my taste.
I sell taps and drills etc for a living so it was quite funny to see some of our scrap taps being sold on a stand!!

Simon - I have been having my tin Sodablasted at Sutton Soda blasters Andy. So far so good. The rims are at chroming at R&S electroplating in Manchester. When I get them back I will put a pic up.

Cheers Paul
jim.haydock

Post by jim.haydock »

Thank you John's one and both for my newly acquired shade of Red Hunter crimson.

Jim
paulhvtr

Re: Huntmaster in a thousand bits

Post by paulhvtr »

At last light at the end of the tunnel. Jobs completed

1. Rims re-chromed, Hubs polished and re-spoked

2. Frame and other bits Stoved

3. New Stanchions, Fork springs and seals etc etc

4. New Shocks.

5. New Nuts and Bools everywhere

6. hemorrhaging money at alarming rate :cry:

But it getting there and at least the garage floor is clear now :)
Attachments
1185157_10151554227515194_252715308_n.jpg