1953 4G MK II Summer of 2010ish

Who has my old bike ? What was this bike? Pictures of your old bikes etc
Greg.Snyder

1953 4G MK II Summer of 2010ish

Post by Greg.Snyder »

This is my bike I purchased in 2010ish from a BSA dealer for over 40 years in Pennsylvania. 80 years old at the time. It was parked next to a Black Shadow and an Indian a Harley with a hack and 3 Trumpets. I had no idea it was such a rolling basket at the time. More to come.
Attachments
IMG00013-20100717-1614.jpg
Greg.Snyder

Re: 1953 4G MK II Summer of 2010ish

Post by Greg.Snyder »

What color of paint would have been used from the factory to paint the Square Four cast covor on the right side of the bike?

Black or Blue?

Original Wedgewood Blue Bike......
ben.mitchell

Post by ben.mitchell »

Hi Greg
Not sure if I am responding to an old email but the square four timing chest is I assume what you mean and it was always a polished aluminium finish.
Best Wishes
Ben
PS Did you get your magneto sorted with FTW?
ben.mitchell

Post by ben.mitchell »

Greg
I just thought again about your question and realised that you probably meant the colour of the lettering on the cover rather than the cover itself! Which is shame as I do not know the correct answer to that particular question, but I always do the lettering in black irrespective of the colour of the rest of the bike.
Ben
david.anderson
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by david.anderson »

All mk2 square 4s that were purchased by various Australian police forces were ordered/supplied in Wedgewood Blue, irrespective of the year. All timing covers had red lettering.
David
Greg.Snyder

Post by Greg.Snyder »

Yes, I was refering to the lettering. It was originally built as an export to the Uniterd States. Would a safe assumption be Red, Black or Wedgewood blue? I had it blue and changed it to black. Not a big deal to change it to Red....Correct is what I am after.