FOR SALE : 1929 Colt LF

Dave.Barkshire
Holder of a Silver Anorak

FOR SALE : 1929 Colt LF

Post by Dave.Barkshire »

On ebay for £3,250 (# 330567178898). Looks very tidy.

It was on last week for 4k and nobody went for it. Might be worth making an offer if anyone out there is interested.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/330567178898
admin
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Post by admin »

Not putting the Harley sportster in your signature file, Dave ?
Ashamed ? Embarrassed ?
It's ok, stronger (middle-aged) men have succumbed to the urge to dress like a "village person"
Dave.Barkshire

Re: FOR SALE : 1929 Colt LF

Post by Dave.Barkshire »

I have to admit that it's not quite what I was looking for so it's for sale. http://www.ventureclassics.com/stock%20list.htm
I have been looking at the Borile on ebay but really must control myself! (# 320700279638) Some people have said that if I must get a 'modern' that the Yamaha SRX-6 is worth looking at so I have an eye open for a very good one if that's possible.

The Harley does have a sweet mode which would be gentle rolling an winding A and B roads in 4th gear just winding itself along the black ribbon. Around Exmoor you need something lighter and more agile and being used to sports bikes with mind control steering I find the HD handles like an elephant on roller skates. On the motorway at 80 it is not comfortable either and I find the upright sitting position a bit to disconcerting. We learn these things only by trying.

When the right pre 38VH comes along or a TT model then I will save my pennies for that moment.
john.nash

Re: FOR SALE : 1929 Colt LF

Post by john.nash »

Mate has an MZ silverstar.... I may yet part it from him, as it has carb issues
They are brilliant. Rotax engine.

There is a guy around here that has put a BSA tank and running gear on his. Looks brilliant. Sounds better.
John Nash
AOMCC No.4119
''78 t140 bonneville, '77 BMW R80, '67 CJ750, 196-ish Ural M62 outfit, '51 VH500, '49 project Ariel , '47 VH twinport, '44 Ariel WNG, '42 indian 741b, '41 Ariel WNG and piles of rusty scrap ....