Make an old man very happy for Christmas

Who has my old bike ? What was this bike? Pictures of your old bikes etc
gchamber

Make an old man very happy for Christmas

Post by gchamber »

Hello all,

I walk a dog for an old man who keeps telling me about the old Ariel he used to have and the holidays he went on with the side car loaded up with all his family and kit. I recently took him to the British Motorcycle Museum in Birmingham and he loved it but it has put a burden on his shoulders and he is now desperate to see if his beloved bike is still alive.

All I have is that is was an Ariel 650 Twin Huntmaster. PNR 334. It was first registered in Leicestershire and I believe remained in the Loughborough area for a fair few years. the colour was Burgendy with the tan coloured seat.

I have tried looking on DVLA's website but to no avail. If I could tell him at Christmas that it's still alive and managed to give him a photo of it I think it will make his year. He currently only has one black and white photo of it with him sat proudly on it.

Thanks in advance for anyone that may be able to help me with this.

Gemma
john.mitchell
Holder of a Silver Anorak
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Re: Make an old man very happy for Christmas

Post by john.mitchell »

OK Gemma. If you can scan the photo and send it to me at Vh500@btinternet.com, I will put it into the Dec Club magazine and ask the question. Even if there is no reply, if you send me his address at the same time, I will send a copy of the magazine to him.
Regards
John Mitchell
Ex Editor Cheval de Fer (1998-2021)
keith.mettam
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Post by keith.mettam »

Good on yer John !
Regards,
Keith.
gchamber

Post by gchamber »

Hi John,

Thank you for that. I'm round to walk the dog tomorrow (Monday) so I'll ask him if I can borrow the photo for research purposes and then I'll drop you an email.

Gemma