Lycett Saddle

Bikes or not. Whatever
olaf.suess
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Lycett Saddle

Post by olaf.suess »

Hello
Does anyone have any information about where I can get a "Lycett Saddle extra light".
Is something like this offered as a replica? My friend in CZ doesn't have this type in his range.
Thanks for any tips. Olaf
26'C, 27'C,28'C,31'MF, 38' RH, 43' W/NG
JohnnyBeckett
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Lycett Saddle

Post by JohnnyBeckett »

hi olaf, if no help with club look on Ebay, i know there was a lot of post on the forum about Lycett saddles last year if you look you may find it
Roger Gwynn

Post by Roger Gwynn »

There were several makers of saddles, Lycette is the best known but they were really only made in 3 sizes, standard, large with a lip at the back for SQ4 etc. and small one for Colts and Bantam type machines. https://draganfly.co.uk/shop/182832/sma ... 3/#29-9314
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
volker.halbach
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by volker.halbach »

Getting a saddle of approximately the correct size is no problem. If you want a saddle that is close to the original, that's something else. There are countless variations. For instance, on most reproductions the L-profile faces upwards, so you have a small lip at the rear, while Ariel often used the more comfortable version with the profile facing downwards. I don't think hat "Lycett Saddle extra light" refers to a particular version.