My NH 350 Piston

Singles, twins and fours.
Simon.Gardiner
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: My NH 350 Piston

Post by Simon.Gardiner »

For info, those are the exact original equipment pistons Ariel used for the alloy head 350s.
Back in the mid 1970s Writers had a 'bin' full of them for £5.00 a go, with rings and gudgeon pins. Unfortunately only in std bore size - but that stop me and a mate buying a couple! :mrgreen:

SG
Web admin (webmaster@arielownersmcc.com)

'55 Huntmaster, '56 VH, ' 51 VH, '62 Arrow, '80 R100RT, '00 Sprint ST (now with a new Arrow project, and just now those 4-stroke Ariel parts can't even make one running bike...)
SyeButts

Post by SyeButts »

nevhunter wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:56 am Sye, that's the type I don't like. If your current piston is OK and the top ring groove is not worn and no ridge at the top of the bore consider just re ringing it. Nev
Cheers Nev yep all measured all good. Piston and bore looking good piston looks like it hasn't done much work. Thanks for reply
SyeButts

Post by SyeButts »

Simon.Gardiner wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:18 am For info, those are the exact original equipment pistons Ariel used for the alloy head 350s.
Back in the mid 1970s Writers had a 'bin' full of them for £5.00 a go, with rings and gudgeon pins. Unfortunately only in std bore size - but that stop me and a mate buying a couple! :mrgreen:

SG
If only i had a DeLorean or a Tardis........£5 :)