Registration VH 1953 in Germany

Bikes or not. Whatever
Heiko.Hecht

Registration VH 1953 in Germany

Post by Heiko.Hecht »

Good morning,

to register my VH 1953 in Germany, I need a document for the German TÜV (MOT) that shows all the technical data such as maximum speed, volume (how measured?) etc. Is there anything available here or could someone help me with it?
Thank you in advance.

Greetings Heiko
Roger Gwynn
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Registration VH 1953 in Germany

Post by Roger Gwynn »

Most of this data will be in the manufacturers catalogue for the year available on the club web site. However not all that data will be available and certainly will not be accurate, it isn't the sort of thing that was done in those far off days. I would suggest that you contact the German branch to see what others do as I don't think this data has to be supplied. The form in the UK for a new registration has similar questions such as emissions and type approval, we just write N/A (not applicable).
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
Heiko.Hecht

Post by Heiko.Hecht »

Thanks Roger,

where do i find it on the club web site?
Simon.Gardiner

Post by Simon.Gardiner »

Heiko:

Roger's referring to the sales literature area of teh doc repository:
http://www.arielownersmcc.com/members_o ... rature.htm
See (eg) the 'Technical Data' page of the 1953 Sales Catalogue.

However, some of the information you might need just won't be available. From memory, I think 'maximum loaded weight' might be one figure and that would never have been part of a UK manufacturer's specification in 1953.

In previous cases where the TUV has needed details like this people have contacted other Ariel owners in Germany to see what they've put on their certificates.

(Maybe we need to get a list made of all these TUV details - we don't have one so far!)

Hope that helps

SG
Web admin (webmaster@arielownersmcc.com)

'55 Huntmaster, '56 VH, ' 51 VH, '62 Arrow, '80 R100RT, '00 Sprint ST (now with a new Arrow project, and just now those 4-stroke Ariel parts can't even make one running bike...)
Heiko.Hecht

Post by Heiko.Hecht »

Thanks for your help. Anyway, found the member section :oops: ... i will send you a list with the TÜV details needed here in Germany later.
klaus gerhard
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by klaus gerhard »

Good morning Heiko, I can help you with the data for your TUEV visit. Call me....
Regards Klaus
Heiko.Hecht

Post by Heiko.Hecht »

Great Klaus,

thanks a lot.
Heiko.Hecht

Post by Heiko.Hecht »

So gentlemen,

all documents complete for the German TÜV so they told me. Thank´s to all. When I have it registered I will send over the docˋs you need in Germany and a copy of the German registration document Simon asked for.

Regards Heiko
Heiko.Hecht

Post by Heiko.Hecht »

Good morning,

my VH is registered now in Germany since the 8th of April this year. Thanks to all for your help. Shall I send a copy of the documents you need for registration in Germany to you Simon?

Heiko
klaus gerhard
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by klaus gerhard »

Heiko,
maybe its worth considering that our german chairman Markus keeps that kind of information. If anybody else is in need lateron he can forward the relevant information.
Good to hear that your VH has passed the TUEV. So will we see you both (bike and rider) at the Ariel Treffen in May?
Cheers
Klaus