SQ4 Draganfly rocker box

Singles, twins and fours.
Henning G
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

SQ4 Draganfly rocker box

Post by Henning G »

Hi,
I have just installed one of Draganfly genius and very well made rocker boxes. However, on installing the four center cylinder head bolts, I discovered a small problem. Its designed to have a small O-ring (860-37) under the washer, and there has been made a small grove in the rocker box to fit the O-ring, but on tithing the bolt, the O-ring is squished out. Either the O-ring is too large or the grove too small. But is it really necessary to have a O-ring there? The bolt is torqued 25 “ and there is a flat washer underneath..
Roger Gwynn
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: SQ4 Draganfly rocker box

Post by Roger Gwynn »

The 'o' ring is to try and stop the oil coming out, assemble without if you wish. I recently discovered that the recesses for the 'o' rings had been machined incorrectly - my fault, I looked at the wrong column in the table of sizes - and you should receive a message from Draganfly soon explaining and offering a fix.
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
Henning G
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by Henning G »

Hi Roger,
Thanks for your fast reply, and I’m glad that not me doing something wrong. Problem is am living in Denmark, that makes it somehow difficult to send it back and forward, regarding brixid taxes. Maybe a different O-ring will do the job, or if I got the correct messuments, I could have the local machine shop do the job…Otherwise a great improvement with the new rocker box..
Henning G
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by Henning G »

Hi Roger,
Is it only the four recesses for the cylinder head bolts thats is incorrect, or is it the same with the eight recesses at the valve steams?