Non- Hepolite pistons (Fuh Jiunn)?

Singles, twins and fours.
Glyn.Ford

Non- Hepolite pistons (Fuh Jiunn)?

Post by Glyn.Ford »

Hello all.

Wondering if anyone has any advice about non-Hepolite pistons? This is my first re-build of my Huntmaster FH (learning as I go!!). When ordering pistons from Draganfly, it seemed that all the links for Hepolite pistons took me to images of JP pistons (11062/STD).

However when my order arrived today (mainly Pistons and line-ers), the pistons are branded "Fuh Jiunn", and came with Gudgen pins, clips, and rings. My new small End bushes fit fine. I guess Hepolite pistons are not made any more? However Draganfly state that pistons from Taiwan are fine, etc.

I visually compared the new Fuh Jiunn piston with one of my old +040 pistions, and they seemed idential (oil ways, etc), apart from the diameter, of course.

I was wondering if anyone else are using "Fuh Jiunn" or even "JP" pistons sucessfully, and what has to be considered?

I am getting the re-lineing done at Western Rebores in Manchester.

Many thanks.

Glyn Ford.
Last edited by Glyn.Ford on Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
nevhunter
Holder of a Platinum Anorak
Holder of a Platinum Anorak

Post by nevhunter »

The expansion rate is the main concern/ Get one of your hepolites and one of the new ones and place them in the freezer part of the fridge and measure them and then in boiling water and measure them. They should be alright but your check should help remove your concerns . If they are similar design. Slots etc and cam grind they can use the same clearances as the Hepolites. Don't use the sort of clearances that jap. bikes use. They run hi silicon pistons generally. Nev
Glyn.Ford

Post by Glyn.Ford »

Thank you Nev. From looking around the 'net I found this:

http://www.audioworld.net/BSA/forum/ind ... pic=5928.0

Which has some interesting comments about Taiwan made pistons, nothing to put me off. It looks like companies are using the term "Hepolite" to match new pistons with the original part numbers?