1927/28 timing chest

Bikes or not. Whatever
rodney.mccue

1927/28 timing chest

Post by rodney.mccue »

hi would anyone have a 1927 /28 timing cover with the decompressor in it for sale. if not a cover
just the decompressor
thanks rod
dave.owen
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: 1927/28 timing chest

Post by dave.owen »

27 and 28 inner timing covers are a different width
AOMCC Treasurer
rodney.mccue

Post by rodney.mccue »

i didnt know that im need an exhaust decompression for a 1927 building motor now and found out it was missing even one to copy
tony.barnett
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Post by tony.barnett »

dave.owen wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:14 am 27 and 28 inner timing covers are a different width
And the cam spindle is a different diameter, so the timing covers are not interchangeable at all so I doubt the valve lifters are either.
KOBI
Swindon Branch Secretary
Ariels - 1913 TT Model, 20 Roadster, 28 Model D, 30 Model B, 38 VH, 52 VH
Velocette MAC, KSS Mk1
Roger Gwynn

Post by Roger Gwynn »

The spindle is different on the model E. I supplied a drawing for it to a chap in Belgium, I think it was and he kindly sent me one when I found that the one in my kit of parts was not the E-type. Good name for a car. Rod if that is the part you are looking for and your bike isn't an E or using the E cam, which is what would make the difference, let me know and I will have a rummage. 2250-27 A6/128 for the rest and 2251-27 A6/162 for E.
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
rodney.mccue

Post by rodney.mccue »

thanks rodger would be good if you can find a drawing or picture
rod
Roger Gwynn

Post by Roger Gwynn »

Rod, had rumage and found the non-E version that came with the bike but it is in a poor way. We have a works drawing available of the E version, copies available for £5. The non E version is the same but the cam is in a different position. Picture shows the E at the top
2251-27 & 2250-27-2.JPG
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
rodney.mccue

Post by rodney.mccue »

hi roger how do i pay you for drawing or do i buy thru draganfly , is the top one in picture for sale
you wouldn't know if anyone has a 3stud qd brake drum for sale
thanks rod
Roger Gwynn

Post by Roger Gwynn »

Hi Rod, the drawings are a club thing, not Draganfly although they shared the cost of digitizing them. The top one is the new one made by the last guy I sent the drawing to, the bottom one is old, rusty and wrong for my bike. See here http://www.arielownersmcc.com/members_o ... awings.htm you will need to log in.
Draganfly may have a 3 stud drum but it is probably in the mountain of unsorted spares.
rodney.mccue

Post by rodney.mccue »

hi roger contacted draganfly they dont have any brake drums also cant seem to work out how to pay and get this drawing perhaps you could send me a pay pal invoice
thanks rod