Ariel LF,LB,MF parts for swop or sale

j.coleman

Ariel LF,LB,MF parts for swop or sale

Post by j.coleman »

Hi, For Ariel 250/350 model LB,LF,LG,MB,MF bikes,
I have inlet and exhaust cams to spare, some are New Old Stock, cranks, some pushrods, a few ohv rocker arms and spindles and oil pumps, RPD gearbox internals, again some are new old stock. Also wheels and some rear frame sections.

I would like to do swops for 29 or 30 engine crankcases, or gearbox cases, LF or MF footrests or brake pedals, MF battery carrier, front engine plates, and screw in plugs for ali primary cover.

If any other club members purchased lots at the recent Bonhams sale at Stafford, please get involved as many of the bikes were 29 and 30 all jumbled up and originally many would have been matching numbers.
Roger Gwynn
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Ariel LF,LB,MF parts for swop or sale

Post by Roger Gwynn »

Hi Jim, I looked up all the numbers from the Stafford auction expecting as you did that they would be all jumbled up but in the main the numbers were not there to make matches.
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
j.coleman

Post by j.coleman »

Hi Roger, well done with going through it all. I got 3 frames, the ones with all the rear frame sections. 2 are 29 and another 30 I think, did you attempt gearbox numbers too?? I got several gearbox fronts in with the heap of gearbox internals! You wouldn't have seen them without getting covered in oil.. I thought someone had been double checking, I guess that's why the 31 frame was pulled from the auction!
adrie.degraaff

Post by adrie.degraaff »

I know where to find a MB crankcase but not before March 2024.
johnflanery

Post by johnflanery »

1929 LF Magneto Chain cover needed
Have you got one ?
j.coleman

Post by j.coleman »

Sorry, no spare magneto chain cover, I need to repair some of what I need myself.
There is a guy selling a 29 inner cover on ebay, it is worth asking him as he is selling a few LF and LB parts.
JohnLay
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Post by JohnLay »

Hello, Did anyone find a gearbox sprocket? Doesn't matter how bad it is as I just need it a pattern. Thanks
Roger Gwynn

Post by Roger Gwynn »

I listed 37 engine numbers and 23 frame numbers but no gearbox numbers.
Roger Gwynn, Membership Secretary, curator of the Machine Register and the works drawings. Director of Draganfly Motorcycles, Craven Equipment and Supreme Motorcycles mostly retired.
j.coleman

Post by j.coleman »

Hi JohnLay I have a knackered RPD sprocket you can have as a pattern. In 29 they were for thinner chain now unavailable I believe?? I imagine you need a thicker one.